For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
NYchris's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 6:15 AM

How to open ports on a 3801 HGV 2 wire router

Ive tried everything from DMZ to just using ports and everything is blocked!!!!!!!!  Im trying to get my xbox to work without waiting 2 hours to find someone to play.   When I had dsl I never had this problem as it seems the ports dont work right on this 2wire modem.  I am in Florida and have the U verse max plan with basic tv.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just for posterity, I spent a considerable amount of time trying to punch a pinhole in my firewall and was unable to get it to work. Until I descovered the "stealth mode" selector on the Advanced Settings page. Unclick that and your inbound traffic will all of the sudden magically appear! Hope this helps someone out there...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Buuba's instructions and dramaticaudio's "stealth mode" combination worked for me. I tried turning the stealth mode back on, and received a moderate NAT message. Thank you guys for your help!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you DramaticAudio!

I have also spent too much time trying to figure out what im doing wrong until I read your post. I was following the steps in this thread to open ports but everytime I tried to go to the pinholes section it would just give me a blank page. There is a 'Stealth Mode' checkbox that is located under Settings-Firewall-Advanced Configuration. I strongly recommend checking this out first if there is anyone else who had the same problems as we did.

Thanks Again!!

Kevin U.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.