Posted Oct 6, 2013
1:52:51 PM
Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet

I have read tons of posts in the forums in addition to spending time with Samsung and AT&T Customer Service without any luck. Getting any kind of assistance from this forum is my last resort.

Below is brief summary of mu issue:

1. When I select the "Web Browser" on my Samsung Smart TV, it gives me the ERROR_EXE_001

2. I have checked that the firmware is update to the date and tried all kind of stuff which most of them recommended starting from

A) resetting it to factory defaults

B) Using Static IP

C) Changing DNS setting to 8.8.8.8

D) Deactivating Firewall from Router setting for TV device

Would anybody help me or walk through the steps on how this can get working? I'll be more than happy to list any details you need.

Thanks !

I have read tons of posts in the forums in addition to spending time with Samsung and AT&T Customer Service without any luck. Getting any kind of assistance from this forum is my last resort.

Below is brief summary of mu issue:

1. When I select the "Web Browser" on my Samsung Smart TV, it gives me the ERROR_EXE_001

2. I have checked that the firmware is update to the date and tried all kind of stuff which most of them recommended starting from

A) resetting it to factory defaults

B) Using Static IP

C) Changing DNS setting to 8.8.8.8

D) Deactivating Firewall from Router setting for TV device

Would anybody help me or walk through the steps on how this can get working? I'll be more than happy to list any details you need.

Thanks !

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2013 9:24:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:53:04 AM

woolroom - Someone reported changing the country in the Samsung solved the problem. I did some searches & cannot find the post. Does your setup have a country choice??

@woolroom  found it - 

You also need to specify the Country Code:

1. Open Smart Hub

2. Aim your remote at the TV and press: [fast-fwd] 2 8 9 [rewind]

3. Select desired country... note it takes quite a while to get this list; do this after changing DNS to 8.8.4.4

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/ConnecTech_Board_Configuration/message-id/234/print-single-message/false/page/1

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet

17 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 2:14:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You might want to take a gander at this thread where posters were having the same issue and solved it: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Cannot-connect-smart-tv-to-internet/m-p/3530771#M38759

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You might want to take a gander at this thread where posters were having the same issue and solved it: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Cannot-connect-smart-tv-to-internet/m-p/3530771#M38759

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet

2 of 18 (4,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 2:19:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
bhatwalne - You are not the first & I think there was not a solution on previous.

You used up my idea with the DNS setting.

Are you trying wireless or wired or both?? If wireless try without security, just to maximize roadblocks. You can add security after it works.

See if you can access the RG via the browser - http://192.168.1.254/

I would power down (remove power) the RG & the TV. Restart RG after all green. Restart TV with cat5 connected or use wizard to connect wireless.

Is it only the browser you have trouble with?? The other apps work??
bhatwalne - You are not the first & I think there was not a solution on previous.

You used up my idea with the DNS setting.

Are you trying wireless or wired or both?? If wireless try without security, just to maximize roadblocks. You can add security after it works.

See if you can access the RG via the browser - http://192.168.1.254/

I would power down (remove power) the RG & the TV. Restart RG after all green. Restart TV with cat5 connected or use wizard to connect wireless.

Is it only the browser you have trouble with?? The other apps work??

3 of 18 (4,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 4:50:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi bhatwaine,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi bhatwaine,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 18 (4,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 6:03:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for the late reply. I wasnt able to test your solutions until today.

Here is what I tried today.

With the same DNS settings, I Disabled the security and rebooted the RG as well as TV

Still NO LUCK 

I am facing issue with connecting to internet for verything and not just the web browser.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I wasnt able to test your solutions until today.

Here is what I tried today.

With the same DNS settings, I Disabled the security and rebooted the RG as well as TV

Still NO LUCK 

I am facing issue with connecting to internet for verything and not just the web browser.

Thanks

5 of 18 (4,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 6:12:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
Here is the configuration when I checked:

Settings > LAN > IP Address Allocation:

Device Status DMZ device
Firewall Disabled
Address Assignment Public (TV Settings now has Obtain IP automatically)
WAN IP Mapping Router WAN IP address (default)
Cascaded Router No
Here is the configuration when I checked:

Settings > LAN > IP Address Allocation:

Device Status DMZ device
Firewall Disabled
Address Assignment Public (TV Settings now has Obtain IP automatically)
WAN IP Mapping Router WAN IP address (default)
Cascaded Router No

6 of 18 (4,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 2:04:07 PM
(0)
Community Support

Were you able to test with an Ethernet cable directly connected to the TV? I have been reading around and it appears that wireless signal strength causes a huge issue.

-David T

Were you able to test with an Ethernet cable directly connected to the TV? I have been reading around and it appears that wireless signal strength causes a huge issue.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 18 (4,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 8:49:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes I did and that doesnt work too

Yes I did and that doesnt work too

8 of 18 (4,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 12:19:03 PM
(0)
Community Support

I tried to look for any other information, but it appears you have tried just about everything. The next thing we may want to do is verify that the TV is getting any kind of connection from the U-verse router. On your TV you just want to check the network settings and see if it is getting an IP address assigned. On the router, you just want to go to http://192.168.1.254 and look at the device list and see if you see it.

If so, it may be worth trying to set the TV in DMZ or passthrough mode on the router. I wasn't sure if you tried this yet, but you may have as it says you deactived the firewall. I wasn't sure if you meant by doing this or unchecking all the boxes in the advanced firewall settings.

-David T

I tried to look for any other information, but it appears you have tried just about everything. The next thing we may want to do is verify that the TV is getting any kind of connection from the U-verse router. On your TV you just want to check the network settings and see if it is getting an IP address assigned. On the router, you just want to go to http://192.168.1.254 and look at the device list and see if you see it.

If so, it may be worth trying to set the TV in DMZ or passthrough mode on the router. I wasn't sure if you tried this yet, but you may have as it says you deactived the firewall. I wasn't sure if you meant by doing this or unchecking all the boxes in the advanced firewall settings.

-David T

9 of 18 (4,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 9:24:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes tried this too
Yes tried this too

10 of 18 (4,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 9:23:46 AM
(0)
Community Support

Does the U-verse router detect your TV in the Device List on the front page?

-David T

Does the U-verse router detect your TV in the Device List on the front page?

-David T

11 of 18 (4,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 8:56:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am able to connect to the internet, but not able to connect to the Smart Hub on my Samsung Smart TV.

I am able to connect to the internet, but not able to connect to the Smart Hub on my Samsung Smart TV.

12 of 18 (3,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 9:10:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am not sure how to tell if the TV has been recognized.  I see a lot of wireless connections but, unlike the phones, it doesn't tell me what they are.

I am not sure how to tell if the TV has been recognized.  I see a lot of wireless connections but, unlike the phones, it doesn't tell me what they are.

13 of 18 (3,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 9:19:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just checked and the mac address and IP are listed.  So, it is recognized.

I just checked and the mac address and IP are listed.  So, it is recognized.

14 of 18 (3,679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2013 9:24:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:53:04 AM

woolroom - Someone reported changing the country in the Samsung solved the problem. I did some searches & cannot find the post. Does your setup have a country choice??

@woolroom  found it - 

1. Open Smart Hub

3. Select desired country... note it takes quite a while to get this list; do this after changing DNS to 8.8.4.4

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/ConnecTech_Board_Configuration/message-...

@woolroom  found it - 

1. Open Smart Hub

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/ConnecTech_Board_Configuration/message-id/234/print-single-message/false/page/1

[ Edited ]
15 of 18 (3,677 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 8:16:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you for the solution. It happens that UVerse was at the house this afternoon and got the modem to pick up speed AND googled the error message: ERROR_EXE_001 and got the same answer. So, I was able to get Smart Hub up and working. I just wonder why Samsung doesn't offer that information.
Thank you for the solution. It happens that UVerse was at the house this afternoon and got the modem to pick up speed AND googled the error message: ERROR_EXE_001 and got the same answer. So, I was able to get Smart Hub up and working. I just wonder why Samsung doesn't offer that information.

16 of 18 (3,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 10:19:16 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by victor9 on Jan 13, 2014 at 10:22:48 AM

I had this same problem and could not reset the country code myself.  The first samsung rep I got told me that there was an incompatibility between ATT and Smart Hub and nothing could be done.   It got escalated to the remote assistance group which can take control of your tv and make adjustments.  She took control of the tv and corrected it by setting the country code.  With all the updates etc. it took about 10 minutes and she was great about it. She did say that there was an compatibility problem a while ago but that has been long resolved and the country code fix is what works now!

I suggested that she contact management to make sure they inform their level one reps that this problem can indeed be resolved and how to get them to the proper support group.

I had this same problem and could not reset the country code myself.  The first samsung rep I got told me that there was an incompatibility between ATT and Smart Hub and nothing could be done.   It got escalated to the remote assistance group which can take control of your tv and make adjustments.  She took control of the tv and corrected it by setting the country code.  With all the updates etc. it took about 10 minutes and she was great about it. She did say that there was an compatibility problem a while ago but that has been long resolved and the country code fix is what works now!

I suggested that she contact management to make sure they inform their level one reps that this problem can indeed be resolved and how to get them to the proper support group.

Re: Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet PROBLEM RESOVED

[ Edited ]
17 of 18 (2,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 1:34:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

Was it a Samsung person who connected to your tv remotely?

How do they do that if you don't have an internet connection?

I tried changing the DNS and it didn't help and I can't change the country code on my TV (UN55C7000) using the FST FWD 2 8 9 REWIND feature, just doesn't do anything.

I tried a live chat with a Samsung person and got the "Reset your router and it will fix it" bulls*** response... they said they never heard fo the ATT/Samsung issue before - such cr*p!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm using hard wire that works on my laptop but not on my TV).

Thanks!

Was it a Samsung person who connected to your tv remotely?

How do they do that if you don't have an internet connection?

I tried changing the DNS and it didn't help and I can't change the country code on my TV (UN55C7000) using the FST FWD 2 8 9 REWIND feature, just doesn't do anything.

I tried a live chat with a Samsung person and got the "Reset your router and it will fix it" bulls*** response... they said they never heard fo the ATT/Samsung issue before - such cr*p!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm using hard wire that works on my laptop but not on my TV).

Thanks!

Re: Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet PROBLEM RESOVED

18 of 18 (2,234 Views)