savorton's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 2:27 AM

Chromecast does not work with 5031NV router

Chromecast worked fine till I got a new router (5031NV). I believe the issue is that uPnP is not supported. How do I allow Chromecast on the new router?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hello, savorton!

Thanks for your post. Are you still having issues with your Chromecast? If so, I recommend that you send a private message to our U-verse experts by clicking here. They will absolutely look into this for you, and you can expect a reply within the next two business days. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@savorton wrote:

Chromecast worked fine till I got a new router (5031NV). I believe the issue is that uPnP is not supported. How do I allow Chromecast on the new router?

What router did you have before, savorton?  None of the AT&T U-verse Residential Gateways support UPnP.  However, you can place your own router that does have UPnP support behind the 5031NV in DMZplus mode and have it work that way.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I am still having the problem so I send an email using the link you provided.

Thank you,

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. It was an AT&T provided router and I had no problem setting up and using Chromecast. Unfortunately I no longer have the router model.

Best regards,

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Any recommendations on a suitable router? I notice certain ADSL routers will not work with Uverse.

Thank you,

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@savorton wrote:

Any recommendations on a suitable router? I notice certain ADSL routers will not work with Uverse.

Thank you,

You don't want to buy a router with an ADSL modem built in for this application. However, pretty much any other router will do, but I'd read the box/review/specs and look for the feature you want from it, specifically UPnP support.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Is it possible to add a rule for the Firewall that would allow Chromecast to work with the 5931NV?

Steve

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello sabyers,

We have received your private message and will continue working with you to help you set your gateway in DMZ mode via private message.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Has there been any update to this thread (as it mentions private email).  My in-laws just got the Pace 5031NV router with uverse, and just got a Chromecast, and the Chromecast won't connect using this router

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

You mention placing the uPnP router behind the 5031NV. I assume you mean plug the cable from the wall into the uPnP enabled router and then plug it into the 5031NV, correct?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.