Posted Mar 28, 2013
10:08:12 AM
What brings you to the AT&T Community?

Hey all,

I just thought this would be a good thread.  What brings you to the AT&T Community?  What motivates you to log on everyday to help others, talk to other community members, or just lurk around?  

Me?  Well, I first started hanging out here when I began working for AT&T as a Customer Service Rep.  The reason why you don't see my name orange and the employee icon next to my name is because I had to quit. :smileysad:  I hated quiting, but loved working for AT&T when I did.  I re-located to another city over an hour away, so I had no choice, and I still wish I had that job, because I loved it.

Anyways, I've always been a community person, and one day when we where in training class at work, we had some free time and could just mess around if we wanted to, so I was browsing the AT&T website and just getting more of a feel of the layout and everything about it, and came across the forums and I was like "Holy COW!  AT&T has a community Forum?!?!  SWEET!  (I actually started referring some customers to the forums at the end of my calls when I found out about the forums for issues that didn't need immediate attention)  and started to begin being active when I could on the forums because I love the forums. :smileyhappy:

Like I said, I've always just been a community person and love forums.  I run a forum myself, but it's MyBB, and enjoy it very much with talking to community members and helping others with issues. :smileyhappy:

So, enough about me, how about you?

Cheers!

Luke

What brings you to the AT&T Community?

26 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(26)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013 11:21:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hi Luke!

I joined the Community 5 years ago when I had questions about the phone that I had at that time. Manuals that come with phones tell you basically nothing. So, I found the answers I was looking for from other people who had the same phone as I did. I looked around a bit and saw that I could also help other people with questions about their phones, too, so, I stayed. 

Over the years, I've also learned a lot, and still learning :smileyvery-happy:. I also met some great people here...some that no longer come here but that I'm still friends with on FB or Google+ and we keep in touch that way. :smileyhappy:

This happens to be the only forum that I frequent...mainly to see who I can help and to talk to some new friends that I've met. There are a lot of great people on this forum, as I've come to find out, and look forward to talking with them, here and there, whenever possible. :smileyhappy:

Btw, good idea for a thread. thumbs up

DC

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What brings you to the AT&T Community?

2 of 27 (2,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2013 8:49:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

I joined this community because I wanted to be able to ask any questions I may have had about the phones that I have had.  I have enjoyed being part of this community.

3 of 27 (2,451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 13, 2013 7:23:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

I like AT&T a lot... We have had them since 2007 and I've always had coverage pretty much everywhere I go!  I'm quite happy that I've been allowed to keep my unlimited data even after upgrading to the iphone 5, and I'm super glad that they offer 4G/LTE coverage in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico without roaming. I'm there a lot and having my phone work is so important. When I complained a lot about not getting a good signal in my new apartment, they gave me a 3G microcell signal booster for free. 

I know some people at verizon who are stuck with their iPhone 4 because they don't want to "upgrade" to a limited data plan... I just feel lucky and I'm glad to have chosen the "other" major carrier who's doing things a lot better.   

4 of 27 (2,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 9:05:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

I also like having AT&T Wireless because of their coverage.  Wherever I go, I have always had service.  I recently had some family visit me from out of state and when my family, who has Verizon Wireless, tried to call back home, his Verizon smart phone did not get a signal at all and he had to use my Samsung Rugby III to dial out.  It turned out that Verizon's service was down in my area for some reason.  Another reason why I like AT&T. :-D

5 of 27 (2,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 3, 2013 12:26:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Absolute and complete disgust I was just musing over how much money ATT and it's employees waste saying "hm it might be this or that, let's trouble shoot my first guess and then my second and when that doesn't work. I'll bail on it and somebody else can waste another week or two guessing what it might me, or who might be able to do something about it.  ATT could get rid of half of their support staff just by really trining a  few or at least making sure they knew what they were doing instead of guessing.   Because I'm guessing that they have wasted enought money to buy my whole community a new phone trying to get out of replacing my worthless HTC's  with Iphones.

6 of 27 (2,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 6, 2013 9:58:43 AM
(0)
Contributor
I joined Att because my current carrier couldn't get it 2gether!!! I'm now thinking I should have stuck it out... My bill with Att is already over $200 with 6gbs of data, I love the Internet, use wifi when I can more often then not and still nearly over my 6gbs... I may have 2 go running back to Sprint because of the unlimited data!!! I'm going 2 try my best 2 give it a chance...

7 of 27 (2,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 6, 2013 8:20:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Krose1 wrote:
I joined Att because my current carrier couldn't get it 2gether!!! I'm now thinking I should have stuck it out... My bill with Att is already over $200 with 6gbs of data, I love the Internet, use wifi when I can more often then not and still nearly over my 6gbs... I may have 2 go running back to Sprint because of the unlimited data!!! I'm going 2 try my best 2 give it a chance...

What are you using to use so much data, if you don't mind me asking??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 27 (2,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013 9:56:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

I've been an AT&T customer since 2006 and have always been happy with the excellent customer service and the great selection of phones. My upgrades have always gone smoothly. When I found this forum I was able to find answers to some questions. I also learn from reading others' posts. I come here often although most of the time I do not log in if I am just lurking. There are quite a few complaints posted in this community but there are also many expressiing their satisfaction with AT&T or just asking questions. it's nice to be among others who love AT&T as I do.

9 of 27 (2,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013 1:51:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
That's great to hear, DogDaddy!! I've had no complaints, really, and I've been a customer since the old Cellular One days back in the early 90's.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

10 of 27 (2,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013 6:53:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
Wow! Well I started with a Cingular Go Phone, which of course became AT&T. Then I ported my Verizon land line to AT&T, and converted the Go Phone line to a contract line. Even though I upgrade every 2 yerars, I keep the old phones. I like being able to put my SIM card in which ever phone I feel like using that day. hehehe

11 of 27 (2,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2013 9:51:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I still have 3 of my old phones, all dumb phones, but even though I have a smartphone now, my first, I still keep them for emergencies. You never know when someone might need to use one when theirs dies. :smileyvery-happy: I usually keep 2 of them charged just in case the power goes out and my battery dies. Be prepared!!! Lol!! That's one thing that I always liked about ATT and Sim Cards.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

12 of 27 (2,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013 6:51:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
DCookie, keeping the old unused phones charged is a good idea. Especially during hurricane season when people may be without power or may even have to evacuate their homes and possibly be separated. My Samsung Magnet can still be used for calls and for email. My LG Neon can do that and also post on Facebook. So there'd still be ways to keep in touch or call for help if power is out for days.

13 of 27 (2,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013 7:05:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
@ DogDaddy, that's exactly why I keep them charged, plus the spare batteries. My smartphone battery only lasts a day but who knows what length of time the power can be out! The only issue I'd have with switching my Sim to one of the dumb phones would be my data plan but I suppose it wouldn't matter for a few days. Lol!! FB is great to stay in touch in case of emergencies... I found out thru FB from a cousin on the other side of the country about a health emergency in the family. Otherwise, I'd probably have never known.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

14 of 27 (2,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013 10:40:46 AM
(0)
Scholar
Yes, if your area has a natural disaster (or even a man made disaster) you can simply post updates on FB or send out tweets. All your family and friends in other areas will be able to stay informed. If you're using an old phone with no data capabilities (I still have my Sony Ericsson Z300 - look it up on phone scoop) you can still send a text to multiple recepients. Uses less battery than making several calls.

15 of 27 (2,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013 10:53:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DogDaddy wrote:
Yes, if your area has a natural disaster (or even a man made disaster) you can simply post updates on FB or send out tweets. All your family and friends in other areas will be able to stay informed. If you're using an old phone with no data capabilities (I still have my Sony Ericsson Z300 - look it up on phone scoop) you can still send a text to multiple recepients. Uses less battery than making several calls.

Hahaha...I think I had one very similar after I upgraded from the first clunker that I had...an old HUGE Audiovox. :smileyvery-happy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

16 of 27 (2,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 25, 2013 9:41:29 AM
(0)
Employee

Aloha, I'm new to the forums.
I came here for quite a few reasons, the main two being I'm an AT&T CSR, and I'm starting to think about having AT&T as my service provider again.

Upon reading a lot of these topics/messages, I've not only been informed with useful information, but I've also been provided with a good source of entertainment as well! :robotlol:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

17 of 27 (1,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 9:24:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

I decided to join the AT&T Wireless online community because I wanted to be able to post questions about phones and devices and to help others with their cell phone questions and problems.

18 of 27 (1,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2013 9:26:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

azurecrimsonrose wrote:

I decided to join the AT&T Wireless online community because I wanted to be able to post questions about phones and devices and to help others with their cell phone questions and problems.

:smileysurprised:OH MY!! There IS life out there!!! Just kidding. :smileywink:...that's why I stayed, too. :smileyhappy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

19 of 27 (1,519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 23, 2013 8:17:55 PM
(0)
Observer

Hello everyone!

I joined this forum to praise the great service I got from AT&T CSRs today.

I lost my phone and was feeling distraught, so I went online and found out what I had to do. I suspended my service out of fear that who ever got my phone (he/she wasn't answering when I tried to call) would use up all my minutes. Then, I went straight to an AT&T store to get a replacement.

The CSRs, both in-store and phone representatives, worked with me and my unique situation: I was part of a family plan, with the account holder living on a different State as I am. They made some calls to my family and they explained very well the steps they were taking ( I do understand the security precautions involved). I told them I was more worried with keeping the same phone number than getting the phone back. They understood and did not try to sell me anything more than what I needed. I was out there in under an hour with a new phone and my old number. I was very relieved. In under 2 hours since I lost my phone I finally regained a sense of safety.

I just wanted to share my story and express my gratitude to the AT&T customer service representatives. Thank you for doing an awesome job!

Jack

20 of 27 (1,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 24, 2013 5:57:51 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 24, 2013 at 6:01:03 AM

Hi Jack, thank you for stopping by to share your great experience. Please feel free to brouse around the forum and come back anytime you have a question or just want to chat.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
21 of 27 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 5, 2014 1:08:06 AM
(0)
Teacher
I've been an AT&T customer since 2002 and have always been happy with the attempts to resolve customer issues, however the amount of time and transfers isn't great customer service. I think they offer a wide variety of phones. Every upgrade has always eventually worked out, but not smoothly and not without verifying in a timely manner. When I found this forum I was able to find answers to some questions. I also learn from reading others' posts. I come here often although most of the time I'm seeking information and other people's experience's . There are quite a few complaints posted in this community but there are also many expressing some satisfaction with AT&T. I needed a venue for just asking questions. So it's nice to be among others who have been with AT&T, as loyalty should count for something in my opinion!

22 of 27 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 7, 2014 5:27:54 PM
(0)
Mentor
Looking for phone support answers

23 of 27 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 21, 2014 5:37:11 PM
(0)
Mentor
Me

Me

24 of 27 (219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 21, 2014 5:44:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
I started here after i got fedup w prepaid plans and their phony ads and my service would not be there it is annoying

I started here after i got fedup w prepaid plans and thei...

25 of 27 (213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 21, 2014 9:38:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
I am a Verizon Refugee!
After 18 years I was disappointed that Verizon was costing me so much and providing little data. I moved over during the February and March rebate time.

I was a regular on the Verizon forums and felt I could be helpful, but the Apple forum is my favorite spot. I have many Apple products, but love my Note 3 android phone (my kids have the iPhone).

I am polite and helpful, but I admit to silent eye-rolls often.
In a perfect world, every customer would read contracts before they sign. Everyone would understand the cloud and iMessage. And no one would forget their password.

26 of 27 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2014 12:49:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Horrible Customer service experience brought me here, to hear something from fellow users and hoping someone helps me out.

27 of 27 (90 Views)