Posted Nov 30, 2012
9:04:24 AM
Let's See Your Pets!

I'd wager that most of us have a furry, feathered, or scaly friend in our homes. Let's see them!

(Need help uploading pics? Check here: http://forums.att.com/t5/About-The-AT-T-Community/Managing-Images/td-p/3154229

Here's my brood

Odin (8 years old - Bengal Cat)

odin.jpg

Eli (6 years old - Domestic)

eli.jpg

Harry (4 years old - Shorty Jack Russell) 

harry_happy.jpg

51 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(51)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 10:11:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hpmsrm on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:15:14 AM

Alfie came to live with us at the age of 6 1/2 weeks.

Image009A.jpg

He's a Texas boy....born in 2000 and will turn 13 in February.  Of course he's my buddy.....like a shadow....either following me around the house or quietly resting at my feet or nearby when I'm sitting in the living room or the computer room.  He got a new, very soft, doggy bed for Christmas which has turned out to be a big favorite place for extended naps.  Actually Alf likes to lie down next to me in my recliner but there's not much room and he gets hot so after a while he usually jumps down on the floor.  But he definitely is NOT a lap dog.  Rarely gets on anyone's lap.

We walk a couple of times a day and, often, my wife takes him out for a third walk during the afternoon.  So he stays in shape.  Alfie has special friends around the neighborhood and always wants to stop and greet them...and play a little if they have time.  If they ignore him he "talks" to them. 

He is a rather large West Highland White Terrier.  Most male Westies run around 19 lbs.  But Alf weighs about 21.  Not fat though.

This is my second Westie.  My sons gave me the first puppy back in 1980 for Christmas and I fell in love with the breed.  The "get-up-and-go" personality of the Westie suits my fancy.  Originally bred in Scotland for hunting, they are VERY independent and, mentally, he's usually several steps ahead of me.  They are very hardy and muscular....a great cold weather dog because of their double coat.  He does not shed noticeably.  Grooming is almost an absolute necessity.  A wonderful dog for children and older kids.....with one negative.  Although Alfie is NEVER mean and has never bitten anyone, he can be aggressively playful and that is a put-off for a lot of really small children.  I think his groomer is the only person he's ever snapped at but she is a very patient and understanding lady so now.....after about 7 years....he knows her and likes her.  No more nips.  But he does NOT like that grooming brush or the clippers any better now than he ever did.

Here is how my little buddy looks today....at almost 13 yrs. of age:

_MG_2643A.jpg

"Public virtue cannot exist in a Nation without private Virtue, and public Virtue is the only Foundation of Republics." .......John Adams
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Let's See Your Pets!

[ Edited ]
31 of 52 (1,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 10:14:06 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

SO CUTE!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

32 of 52 (1,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 7:25:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nice story. :smileyhappy:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 52 (1,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 19, 2013 8:45:48 PM
(0)
Employee

Cute puppy hpmsrm! :smileyhappy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

34 of 52 (1,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 13, 2013 7:52:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by mlife on Feb 13, 2013 at 7:54:31 PM

2012-12-25-2076.jpg

[ Edited ]
35 of 52 (1,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013 12:03:58 AM
(0)
Mentor
Awesome pets guys! :smileyhappy: I wish I had a pet, but I live in an apartment, and we aren't allowed to have pets. :smileysad:

36 of 52 (1,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 25, 2013 12:19:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hopefully I'll have a pic to put here real soon. A friend of mine and her husband are splitting up, one has an apartment and took one dog with her because that's all she is allowed, and looking for a couple of homes for their other two dogs. I offered to take one of them, a silky terrier named Bella. She's a few years old and I can't see her going to strangers. I'm looking forward to it, actually, since I haven't had a pet for about 20 years... I just never got another dog after my last one and swore I wouldn't have another. Who would have ever thought I'd be doing this again? I just hope he decides to give her up soon. I'll post a pic when I get her. :smileyhappy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

37 of 52 (1,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2013 7:40:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Finally...here's a pic of Bella, a 3 year old Silky Terrier. She just came to live with us today. I think she's already taking over the house. :smileytongue:

bella.jpg

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

38 of 52 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013 4:13:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
She looks so content! :smileyvery-happy:

39 of 52 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013 4:17:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hey, WB! She already has us wrapped around her paws. :smileyvery-happy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

40 of 52 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013 4:52:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Glad to see that you're taking a liking to her already. :smileywink:

41 of 52 (991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2013 9:31:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Jun 8, 2013 at 9:39:23 AM

Here's an updated pic of Bella. this is her new "do", :smileyvery-happy:..can't believe it's been a month now since we've had her. :smileyhappy:

She loves to look out the back door but is a little too short so, one day, I put a chair there for her and that's where she stayed for about an hour! :smileyvery-happy: I'm also thinking about changing her name to Houdini!! I don't know HOW she manages to get her one leg through her harness. :smileytongue:

Bella all curled up.jpg

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
42 of 52 (914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2013 11:12:44 AM
(0)
Professor
Looks like she's taken over. :smileywink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

43 of 52 (899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 8, 2013 11:29:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ghostryder wrote:
Looks like she's taken over. :smileywink:

Hey ghostryder...long time no see!!! Yes, she certainly has taken over but it's ALL good!! :smileyhappy: Besides, she looked like a little, I don't know what, in the other pic that I posted of her. :smileytongue: This one's MUCH better! :smileyhappy:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

44 of 52 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 10, 2013 3:25:24 PM
(0)
Guru

Maggie

Adding another cat to the mix, this is Maggie (and my daughter haha). Have had her for all of her 11 years. She's moved 400 miles with me already, getting ready to move another 4,000 miles with me in 10 days!

45 of 52 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 6, 2013 5:10:19 PM
(0)
Voyager

cool posts

46 of 52 (742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 6, 2013 6:14:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

puljac wrote:

cool posts

Feel free to join in!! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

47 of 52 (730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 28, 2013 8:08:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
Aww what a cute topic :smileyhappy:

I own 3 Cockatiels (will post some pics up later as I'm on my phone and in bed hehe)

48 of 52 (412 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 5, 2014 7:49:31 PM
(1)
Voyager

Fuzzy n Frankie 2.JPG

49 of 52 (111 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 5, 2014 7:52:03 PM
(1)
Voyager

Fuzzy n Frankie.JPG

50 of 52 (110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 5, 2014 7:54:04 PM
(0)
Voyager

That's Fuzzy and Frankie. normally they fight and wressle all day, but now days they sleep together and sometimes hug each other...lol!

51 of 52 (109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 8, 2014 10:22:34 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Sounds like my two cats, very cool.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

52 of 52 (93 Views)