Posted Sep 28, 2012
2:10:59 AM
Weekly Off-Topic Thread #256
Edited by spd2demun on Sep 28, 2012 at 2:12:09 AM

Posted my WOTT at the end of last week's thread, not realizing it was time to start another!  Moved to here since it was already past 3AM!

Phil--Great pic of yourself, root canal?  read in another post you got 2 new crowns?

Alf looks excellent as well.

I haven't been here much (over 700 emails for this forum!!!) as it's very difficult to type with one hand. :smileymad:  Trigger finger on a different finger for over 2 mos., couldn't take it any longer and went for a cortisone shot (hurts like!!!!!  and why I've been putting it off).

I'm trying to NOT use my turn signal (like 99% of the rest of the drivers), as that aggrivates it even more.  Splinting at night, what fun.  IF it doesn't heal this time, it's surgery. :smileysad:

Beatles Remasters coming to vinyl...think I'll have to pass this time.

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #256

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2012 9:55:34 PM
(0)
Expert

Disgusting!

Humans strike, again. :smileymad:

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #256

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 29, 2012 7:40:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Agreed, SPD.  Just wait until they start putting GPS chips in us.  Won't that be fun?

I can appreciate your pain.  Is it an arthritis thing or an old injury, perhaps?  I know that some nights I cannot sleep because of arthritis pain in my shoulders.  I refuse to take narcotic drugs for it so I have become Excedrin's best customer.....and I also use a rub-on stick called Active-on.  The pain killer is absorbed through the skin and goes directly to the source.  I've read reports that it has been shown that medications delivered this way reach the target area in greater concentration than when taken orally.  Too much is lost in the digestive system and does not get absorbed into the blood stream.  Anyway....it usually helps enough that I can get to sleep after about 20 to 30 minutes.

"Public virtue cannot exist in a Nation without private Virtue, and public Virtue is the only Foundation of Republics." .......John Adams
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 30, 2012 10:13:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

How about a visit to Mars?  This is a very interesting interactive, 360 degree image and you can use your mouse to navigate around and up and down.  Scroll wheel will move you forward and backwards:

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html

"Public virtue cannot exist in a Nation without private Virtue, and public Virtue is the only Foundation of Republics." .......John Adams
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2012 10:47:43 AM
(0)
Expert

Interesting views...now I know some PEOPLE I'd like to send to Mars for a permanent visit!  :smileyvery-happy:

Nah, no injury, just too much keyboarding and driving (turn signaling).  But my parts are wearing out, too!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2012 2:58:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If they'd call for volunteers to be first humans on Mars....I'd volunteer.  One way trip.  At my age it would be cheap for them....no return trip to Earth.  They could just bury me there when I bite the dust.backache.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2012 7:31:38 PM
(0)
Master

Sorry about your trigger finger Spd and very familiar with the problem.

Yeah, shame about the wolves. I noticed the cattle were grazing on public lands which the gov't often allows the ranchers to do. Then the wolves end up on public lands and were there long before cattle so man wipes them out. Something's really wrong with this picture and our taxpayer $ at work.

I remember during the peak of the women's lib movement and a friend of my wife's gave her a button to wear. I still have it hanging on the wall down the basement. It says, "If they can send a man to the moon why can't they send them all!". :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 2, 2012 9:01:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Oct 2, 2012 at 9:04:07 AM

Been reading (via Kindle reader app - via the local Library(both free)) "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson.  It is a look at two men in Chicago, in the late 19th Century - one who designed and built the 1893 Columbian Expo (World's Fair) and the other, a serial killer.  I have also read Larson's Issac's Storm.  I recommend both.

[ Edited ]