Posted May 17, 2013
WOTT #286

I'll kick this one off.  Hope that everyone's Friday is going well.

Can't believe the news about D1ck Trickle.  So many good stories about him.

200 lap race ASA race at Cayuga, in Ontario.  His throttle stuck wide open over the last 30 laps.  Instead of killing the engine and driving to the pits, he would cut the engine off going into turns one and three, letting the banking slow him down, he'd refire the engine off of 2 and 4 and finished third.

Also at Cayuga, he was driving for legendary Canadian chassis maker Junior Hanley.  Hanley was leading with a few laps to go, in another big ASA race but Trickle dumped him and went on to win.  Trickle was pelted by pennies, hurled by the Canadian fans.  He lost his ride but got a loaner car from Rusty Wallace, for the next ASA race.

He ran a Figure-8 race at Anderson Speedway (Indiana) when ASA was over at Winchester for the weekend.  He finished 5th in the main - his only time in the car.

He smoked in the car and drank and was sponsored by PBR. :smileyvery-happy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

WOTT #286

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 17, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

Some company called CinemaNow offers 10 free streaming Ultraviolet movies for free.  Not sure how it works but nothing beats FREE!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WOTT #286

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 17, 2013
(0)
ACE - Guru

Yeah but it's Ultraviolet.  Movie companies started using that instead of releasing actual Digital copies for people to have. Using it is a pain in the backside. You only get x number of downloads to pcs and the downloads must be redone for ipads and other supported tablets (no easy trasnfer from computer to tablet).

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 17, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

We received an e-mail from Yahoo the other day informing us that in Mid-June there will be a big change in the E-mail app.    I don't remember the details but the general idea was that we should be prepared because alot of changes forthcoming.  If I can find it I'll post it here.   Did anyone else receive it?

Here it is....I found it:

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

We're making improvements to att.net Mail!

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts. You'll see some exciting changes in att.net webmail that include a new look and feel that makes att.net webmail even easier to use. Once your account is upgraded, the webmail version you're currently using will no longer be available.

What you can look forward to:

• Faster email
  • The latest Mail spam-protection technology and scanning for relevant advertising display
  • Easier-to-use design

Important Notes:

• On the day of the att.net webmail upgrade, you will be able to choose to customize the email scanning settings for your account.
  • There is no impact to your email IDs, saved messages, webmail folders, passwords, email client settings, or service, based on this upgrade.
  • To learn more about the new att.net Mail visit http://www.att.com/latestmail

We hope you enjoy the new att.net Mail.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services Customer Care

Nuts!.....I no sooner get my new notebook working just like I want  and now we get changes to figure out and more problems to solve, I'll warrant.

Hope they have fixed the lousy spell checker...for sure.   Well.....gee...I can hardly wait.tn15.jpg

"I offered my opponents a deal: if they stop telling lies about me,
I will stop telling the truth about them".
~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952..

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 18, 2013
(0)
ACE - Expert

Phil, I got that email too, but I didn't care as all my ATT/Yahoo email is forwarded to my gmail account. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 21, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master
#2 on the most viewed article list in todays Hartford Courant - everyone has the same problem - http://www.courant.com/business/custom/consumer/hc-bottom-line-comcast-customer-servcie-20130520,0,1...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 21, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master
Big day for hearing from att. First there was a survey. First question - Would you recommend U-verse to others? The rest of the questions had to do with whether or not I experienced the various possible problems and the frequency they occur.

About 5:00 I got an att courtesy call that started with a mumbled script asking if everything was working OK. I responded that the signal goes out every morning for a few minutes. Then I was asked what is on the TV & I stated it is the loss of signal message with all the possibilities, but the signal comes back without doing anything.
So, it is working now - yes - If it acts up in the morning you can call in, We are available 8 in the am to 11 at night if you should have a problem.
Good to know I feel so much better.