Posted Nov 25, 2012
8:24:15 AM
View profile
WOTT #264

Wow, last week's thread never got started and it's Sunday and no one had started this thread.  Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. For those that are traveling today, stay safe, it's the 2nd busiest travel day of the year. The 1st is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. 

Notre Dame is playing for the BCS Championship this year, in way I'm ok with it since they did beat my Sooners and now they have proven themselves to be a legitmate threat, but still, it's Notre Dame.  I did find myself rooting for them last night though because as much as I don't like ND, I cannot stand USC and would like to see them go down in flames every year.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

WOTT #264

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2012 1:20:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

How about that Texas/TCU game? Worst atteandace this season and they lost to an unranked opponent.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WOTT #264

2 of 11 (740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2012 6:11:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I was pulling for TCU.  I like TCU and they are a local team. Until the joined the Big 12 I rooted for them every game, however I need them to lose on Saturday to my Sooners. :smileyvery-happy:

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

3 of 11 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2012 9:34:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Wow, last week's thread never got started and it's Sunday and no one had started this thread.  Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. For those that are traveling today, stay safe, it's the 2nd busiest travel day of the year. The 1st is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. 

Notre Dame is playing for the BCS Championship this year, in way I'm ok with it since they did beat my Sooners and now they have proven themselves to be a legitmate threat, but still, it's Notre Dame.  I did find myself rooting for them last night though because as much as I don't like ND, I cannot stand USC and would like to see them go down in flames every year.

And therein lies the primordial screams for a BCS playoff, like a miniature "March Madness."  Notre Dame is not going to be playing "Merchant Marine" or "Coast Guard" in South Bend, for the NCAA Championship.  If they win, I may be a ND fan for life but I certainly see a blowout against ND a distinct possibility - but what do I know?  Being a Hoosier for 46 of my 50 years, I have always been a bit (but not always) turned off by Notre Dame.  I was probably about 12 before I realized that they were based in South Bend and not New York, California or Heaven, lol.  I guess that I suffer from ND envy. :smileywink:

4 of 11 (675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2012 10:28:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

And therein lies the primordial screams for a BCS playoff, like a miniature "March Madness."  Notre Dame is not going to be playing "Merchant Marine" or "Coast Guard" in South Bend, for the NCAA Championship.  If they win, I may be a ND fan for life but I certainly see a blowout against ND a distinct possibility - but what do I know?  Being a Hoosier for 46 of my 50 years, I have always been a bit (but not always) turned off by Notre Dame.  I was probably about 12 before I realized that they were based in South Bend and not New York, California or Heaven, lol.  I guess that I suffer from ND envy. :smileywink:

Next year we'll see it.   Since ND will be 99% guaranteed of playing an SEC school, I'll be rooting for ND to win.  It's not like they had a soft schedule this year and their new coach is doing a great job with that school, kinda like he did with Cincinatti.  Being a diehard SOONER fan, ND still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of many long time fans even though I wasn't alive, heck my parents were 11 when ND beat OU to end their 47 game winning streak.  ND is also the only team OU doesn't have a winning record against going 1-9 so far. 

5 of 11 (669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2012 8:39:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I've not been keeping very close tabs here for a while. Last week was busy, busy all the way through Saturday .....Thanksgiving.....son's birthday....other activities.  We took Sunday to recover....and then got back on the honey do's.

Beautiful weather....except that our drought continues big time.

I decided to get the lawn mower ready for the months of dis-use.  Fired it up to warm up the oil so it would drain more easily.  Then turned it off and reached down to grab it and flip it up on its side to drain the oil.  Got careless and did not watch where I put my hands....so I grabbed the end of the muffler with my right hand. OW!  Now I have serious burns on three fingers of that hand.  I can't win.  At least I won one of the power-ball prizes.  Big prize was 575 million dollars.  I won 12 dollars.  Yep.....story of my life.

Alfie has been enjoying the cooler weather.  Makes him feel good and lots of get-up-and-go.  Wish it had same effect on me.  Today's walk was particularly enjoyable for him.  It was a bright sunny day and lots of his neighborhood human friends were outside to greet him.  He was truly in his element.

Been buying our gas at the new station in front of one of the local large super markets.  We did our grocery shopping and had bought enough that we got 10 cents off per gallon.  The pump price was $3.089 so we got our fill up for $2.989.  It's been a while since I've paid that price for gasoline.  Now if we could just get rid of this Missouri government mandate requiring 10% ethanol in all of our gasoline.  That ethanol drops our car's mileage 10% so...instead of 40 to 41 mpg around town we get 36 to 37 mpg.  And that is only if I tread very lightly on the pedal.

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.  For us it's back on our diets.  At least until Christmas.

I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. .......Stephen Hawking

6 of 11 (644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 12:19:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

hpmsrm wrote:

I've not been keeping very close tabs here for a while. Last week was busy, busy all the way through Saturday .....Thanksgiving.....son's birthday....other activities.  We took Sunday to recover....and then got back on the honey do's.

Beautiful weather....except that our drought continues big time.

I decided to get the lawn mower ready for the months of dis-use.  Fired it up to warm up the oil so it would drain more easily.  Then turned it off and reached down to grab it and flip it up on its side to drain the oil.  Got careless and did not watch where I put my hands....so I grabbed the end of the muffler with my right hand. OW!  Now I have serious burns on three fingers of that hand.  I can't win.  At least I won one of the power-ball prizes.  Big prize was 575 million dollars.  I won 12 dollars.  Yep.....story of my life.

Alfie has been enjoying the cooler weather.  Makes him feel good and lots of get-up-and-go.  Wish it had same effect on me.  Today's walk was particularly enjoyable for him.  It was a bright sunny day and lots of his neighborhood human friends were outside to greet him.  He was truly in his element.

Been buying our gas at the new station in front of one of the local large super markets.  We did our grocery shopping and had bought enough that we got 10 cents off per gallon.  The pump price was $3.089 so we got our fill up for $2.989.  It's been a while since I've paid that price for gasoline.  Now if we could just get rid of this Missouri government mandate requiring 10% ethanol in all of our gasoline.  That ethanol drops our car's mileage 10% so...instead of 40 to 41 mpg around town we get 36 to 37 mpg.  And that is only if I tread very lightly on the pedal.

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.  For us it's back on our diets.  At least until Christmas.

I've found that many convenience markets, grocery and discount stores give you a discount on gas, just for coming inside and buying a gift card.

Here are two that I jknow of:

Walmart - buy a gift card and save a dime per gallon, up to 12/24/2012.

Seven Eleven: buy a gift card, with cash and save 10 to 15 cents per gallon.

Switching gears a bit (pun not intended), Coinstar had a deal that if you cashed in $40 worth of change, you could get a $50 gift card (Amazon, etc).  That is a sweet deal.

7 of 11 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 5:38:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Our Kroger occasionally will do 4x the points if you purchase a gift card.  I went grocery shopping on Sunday, knew I wouldn't be spending more than $125 so I bought a $100 and a $25 Visa gift card, got 450 points, then paid for my groceries, which came to $112 so it added another 112 points, that gave me 562 points which is $.50 my purchase next time I fill up.

8 of 11 (572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 6:20:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

oufanindallas wrote:

Our Kroger occasionally will do 4x the points if you purchase a gift card.  I went grocery shopping on Sunday, knew I wouldn't be spending more than $125 so I bought a $100 and a $25 Visa gift card, got 450 points, then paid for my groceries, which came to $112 so it added another 112 points, that gave me 562 points which is $.50 my purchase next time I fill up.

Actually that should be 662 points. The gift cards totaled up to 500 points ((100 x 4) + (25 x 4) = 500) so you should be getting $0.60 off on your next fill up.

-------

9 of 11 (568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 6:06:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

Actually that should be 662 points. The gift cards totaled up to 500 points ((100 x 4) + (25 x 4) = 500) so you should be getting $0.60 off on your next fill up.

Duh, math has never been one of my strong points. :smileysurprised:

10 of 11 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 7:20:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I bought The Dark Knight Rises on blu ray yesterday and it came with a copy of the movie in Ultraviolet form. Since I don't want anything to do with that form of DRM does anyone want my copy? Just send me a PM and I'll send you the code and instructions on how ot activate it.

-------

11 of 11 (530 Views)