Posted Mar 24, 2012
Link-to-Cell Bluetooth Convergence Phones

Anyone have any experience with these?  We have an old Panny, and no problems except it isn't expandable. :smileysad:

I want to go with Panasonic again, hope they have the same ring chimes available!

Example here.

Older phone is limited to 50 in the phonebook, and looks like these newer models can go into the thousands!  No landline required, and some people are just using them to pick up their cell calls while at home.

Wouldn't even be thinking about this, but my 2 handsets for the ATT Home Manager system are dying a slow death.  I can't even take them out of their charging cradles, or they die--and NO replacement batteries available! :smileymad:

PS, I still use a digital answering machine separate from the phone, so how reliable are these all-in-ones?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
8-2-2012 7:24:37 PM
(0)

These are the ones I went with, a plus was the wall mount fit the same wall anchors, so didn't need new holes!

I've had them for a couple months now.  They do fine with BT and the iPhone, but do NOT ring with my cell's ring tone (as advertised); not a deal breaker.  And maybe because I have a custom tone?

Really like the white background and large print, plus buttons are huge compared to my old one!  I'm getting a lot of use out of the Alarm feature, LOL!

I REALLY LOVE being able to block spam callers for free through the phone!  Hey, ATT, how come we can't do that for FREE now on our cell phones?  rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who gave input in helping with my decision.  :smileyhappy:

I recycled the Home Manager handsets (Batteries Plus takes electronic junk) since the reception was just non-existent. :smileymad:  I'm using the Home Mangers for photo frames and nothing more; can't really take or make calls on them these days either. :smileysad:  Probably won't be long until they're gone, then I can free up a port on the RG. :smileyhappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Link-to-Cell Bluetooth Convergence Phones

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2012
(0)

Yes spd we have the Panny that is in your link but we got ours from Costco that has 4 handsets.

Got them about a month ago and they work great. We have voip(uverse) and also have them linked with are cell phones through Bluetooth. Cell or home phone rings and can pick up both through the handset. Also it puts are contacts from are cells to the contacts list on the Panny.  Also new to us is the talking caller id which works great.

We use uverse answering service which can be setup from the menu on the handset.

So far no complaints :catwink:

edit: can't spell

Re: Link-to-Cell Bluetooth Convergence Phones

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2012
(0)

I have the VTech DS6421-3 at home, works great.  It can do both cell phone and a home line also (although I only use it for the cell phone via the Bluetooth link).  It can also have an optional wireless headset if you want.

It has digital answering machine (I never use it, calls just go to my cell phone VM), conference and transfer, and can download the phone's contact list into the handsets.

My only complaint is that the optional headset is a little soft in volume, but as long as I mute the TV, it's OK.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012
(0)

Thanks for the feedback; it makes me feel better about what I'm looking at.

Our ATT digital stand-alone answering machine has talking CID, but it's only by number.  Sounds like most of these are hit-or-miss on pronouncing names correctly?  Has that been your experience?

--What about the message number-indicator?  Do you find that is necessary?

I don't think I could do without it since I'm used to seeing it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

Thanks for the feedback; it makes me feel better about what I'm looking at.

Our ATT digital stand-alone answering machine has talking CID, but it's only by number.  Sounds like most of these are hit-or-miss on pronouncing names correctly?  Has that been your experience?

Oh ya most I can understand but some I have no clue.

--What about the message number-indicator?  Do you find that is necessary?

We don't use the aswering machine, we use the AT&T message thingy.

I don't think I could do without it since I'm used to seeing it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2012
(0)

Hello, I did read you both use VM, sorry about that!

I've narrowed it down to a couple of Panasonic models, just because they have bold print, and I prefer the ones with white LCD and dark purple text.

Looks like they're coming out newer models at the end of the month, so I'm going to see what they look like.  Can't find one with the message counter on the base AND with white LCD. 

Some of their models have a back up for the base using the handset, interesting, but probably would eat a lot of batteries with our outages here. :smileysad:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 3, 2012
(0)

I  also made the mistake of buying the ATT Home Manager with 3 handsets.  Miss the original features - you can do more on a common tablet now.  I just got replacement batteries made for my units at Batteries Plus.  It cost about $25 each and took 2 days for them to make.  Hopefully I'll get a couple more years before I replace them.

I got hooked on the electronic message recording and digital faxes.  I run a small business out of home and it is nice to have copies of recorded messages to occasionally send back to clients to remind them of their commitments. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012
(0)

Hi DirtDog55

Can you provide any details how you was able to order replacement batteries for the AT&T HomeManger Handset and/or Base at Batteries Plus such as the model # or S/N of the replacement battery you recieved etc..? 

Thanks much!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012
(0)
njdude - In case DirtDog55 does not see your post - DId you go to batteriesplus? They have a battery finder upper right.
Select battery, cordless phone, att Then yhere is a list of model numbers.

enter your model number to see what it says.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 31, 2012
(0)

I tried them online and in-store about a year ago, with no luck.

I turned in a dead UV remote yesterday (Batteries Plus) and asked about their making custom batteries.  The guy said to bring the unit in with battery and they'd take a look.

I could see them making one for the handsets, but the frames might be a problem as their batteries are all-in-one and part of the back unit.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2012
(0)

The Panasonic units only have audiable message count or at least the ones I have used.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Aug 2, 2012
(0)

These are the ones I went with, a plus was the wall mount fit the same wall anchors, so didn't need new holes!

I've had them for a couple months now.  They do fine with BT and the iPhone, but do NOT ring with my cell's ring tone (as advertised); not a deal breaker.  And maybe because I have a custom tone?

Really like the white background and large print, plus buttons are huge compared to my old one!  I'm getting a lot of use out of the Alarm feature, LOL!

I REALLY LOVE being able to block spam callers for free through the phone!  Hey, ATT, how come we can't do that for FREE now on our cell phones?  rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who gave input in helping with my decision.  :smileyhappy:

I recycled the Home Manager handsets (Batteries Plus takes electronic junk) since the reception was just non-existent. :smileymad:  I'm using the Home Mangers for photo frames and nothing more; can't really take or make calls on them these days either. :smileysad:  Probably won't be long until they're gone, then I can free up a port on the RG. :smileyhappy:

Solution