Posted Oct 15, 2010
12:46:03 PM
Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

Another "cool" front blew through Indy last night with a reinforcing short of cool air.  Lots of wind and temps today in the 60's.  Maybe some light frost tomorrow.  We are still way down in the rainfall department but we got half an inch Wed. afternoon and that was as much as we received in all of August! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
2,355 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2,355)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 27, 2010 12:21:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

October 20, 1989 - The Indianapolis area had a 10" snowstorm.  That was the heaviest of that season!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Let's Talk About the Weather - The New Temp Thread

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 27, 2010 6:21:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

We had wind gust in Utah on Monday morning of 50 miles an hour and then later in the day we received our first snow.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 1:01:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

92 in Houston yesterday, and 35 days w/o measurable rain. :smileysad:  Supposed to be 43 tonight, 41 Fri. night. :smileymad: 

Saw all the bad storms and blizzards on TV, just unbelievable weather!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 3:54:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I guess summer is now officially over with all this snow starting to show up around the country.  Lower 70's here during the day and a chance of a frost late tonight/early tommorow morning.  80 on Sunday and by Wed. high of 67.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 5:52:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Saw that on the news.  But it will be warming back up here shortly.  Maybe winter won't stay until around Jan.? :smileyvery-happy:

Very windy today; heard that a lot of Galvestonians are w/o power this AM because of the high winds.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 6:36:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Indy will have its first freeze of the season, tonight.  I don't think that our yard has had a frost yet but have seen some on rooftops.  Yesterday was mild but VERY windy.  Today still windy but very chilly as we had the second cold front blow through.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 8:22:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Supposed to get the coldest tonight this year so far in San Antonio.  Predicting the low in the high 30's to low 40's.  Burr......I hate winter.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 12:07:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Supposed to get the coldest tonight this year so far in San Antonio.  Predicting the low in the high 30's to low 40's.  Burr......I hate winter.

I don't have a problem with winter, I just don't like the cold weather that we get during it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 12:46:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sunny and 70 yesterday but windy. Cloudy, windy and 50 today. Will have frost/near freezing temps by tomorrow and Fri mornings.

Trick-or-Treat starts around Central Ohio tonight. Figures it always gets cold (low 40's) when the kids come out. :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2010 3:49:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

42 right now in Frisco.  Too #(%^)EF#)#$#%@#%@$ cold for me.  After living in Hawaii for 3 years where the coldest it got was in the 60's my blood got rather thin.  Been three years back on the mainland and still haven't aclimated completely to winter. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2010 6:14:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We escaped the Freeze overnight.  It only got down to the mid 30's.  We need to kill the bugs off.  No rain chances through at least the end of next week. :smileysurprised:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2010 6:29:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wow OUfan, 43 does seem cold for Frisco and only 1 degree warmer than we are right now.

Yeah Dave, believe Central Ohio missed the freeze last night too. Supposed to get down to 29 here tonight.

It's going to have to get awfully cold, for a long stretch, to wipe out the bugs. I remember once seeing a mosquito fly across my back porch when it was about 15 degrees. Flying real slow but couldn't believe he was still alive. :smileysurprised:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 29, 2010 6:56:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I haven't heard any crickets in at least three weeks.  Either last year or the year before last, they were chirping all the way into December (albeit slowly)!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2010 2:12:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Real cold here now at 29 and may drop even further. We'll see if the lady beetles make a last ditch effort to seek house warmth in droves when it hit's 61 today.

House is staying real warm with heat from the wood stove. Found a couple guys who are supposed to deliver 2-4 cords of firewood on Sunday. Real good price at $80/cord when others wanted $150/cord. Just hope it's some real good seasoned hardwood which they say it is. Considering ordering 6 cords since may be what I use in a typical winter. Have burned 7-8 cords but that was during real cold winters and before I sealed up the house better.

Surprising what 1 1/2" foam insulation board will do on 2 old wood garage doors in the basement. Have it installed on the outside and even painted the same color as the doors. Just have to make sure you don't bang into it with anything. Wasn't too happy when my wife bumped it with the rear tire on her Wrangler. Painted over the round "Goodyear M&S" imprint. :smileyvery-happy:

Subcontractors just pruned out the 800' power line going down to the road. Makes me feel a little better about going into winter with heavy ice/snow on the trees. Their bucket truck could only go up 70' so hope the 80'-100' trees have strong limbs. I asked the electric company to prune the line and they are really good about helping me out. Glad I also asked one of the workers about buying firewood since they do that on the side. Wood does not come from where they work or their job sites. Good ole boys who live in Southern Ohio. :smileywink:

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Clear
61° F | 36° F
Partly Cloudy
54° F | 34° F
Partly Cloudy
54° F | 31° F
Partly Cloudy
52° F | 31° F
Partly Cloudy
52° F | 36° F
Clear Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2010 9:57:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Things have improved here, not as cold tonight; and maybe some RAIN next week!

Don't think the Trick-or-Treaters will have to bundle up.  Most of my memories are of sweating profusely while going D2D for candy in a costume!

Tomorrow

Oct 31

Monday

Nov 1

Tuesday

Nov 2

Wednesday

Nov 3

Thursday

Nov 4
Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

T-storms

T-storms

Showers

Showers

Showers

Showers

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Hi:
84°
Lo:
69°
Hi:
86°
Lo:
63°
Hi:
71°
Lo:
53°
Hi:
65°
Lo:
51°
Hi:
67°
Lo:
49°

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 1, 2010 11:06:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

After 40 days and 40 nights (and breaking a record from 1904), Houston is finally getting some much-needed (measurable) rain.  Some expected to be severe, so awaiting a power outage at any time. :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2010 12:05:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wow, that is dry Spd. Nothing like waiting around for a power outage. Yeah, we don't even have to search for stuff anymore. Flashlights in one place, candles in another, and if thinking long term have a couple kero type lanterns to burn.

Well tonight should put an end to all blooming plants/flowers. Will hit 27 tonight, and tomorrow night, with heavy frost both days. Seems like the constant winds have been beating us to death everyday for a week. Guess that was just winter coming in for good. 

By Sat we will have a high of 43 and cloudy/dark all day. Typical Ohio November. :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2010 12:35:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Real thunder and everything! :smileyhappy:

Flashlight in every room, in plain sight. :smileysad:

That's too bad about the plants.  Really am cutting back this year with fake silks in pots and very few live; just cannot deal with it any more.

We're supposed to get cold weather with this rain. :smileymad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2010 9:24:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yeah, called it right on the impatiens and leaves/flowers all druped this morning. In the next couple days the 1 1/2" tall plants will just be mush on the ground with 25 degrees. :smileysad:

I move some of my plants/hanging baskets in for the winter but what a battle keeping them alive. Seems like spider plants in hanging baskets always tend to do best. Have about 4 that are 7-8 years old.

Sounds like a real good idea Spd in going with silk flowers. Have seen some which look very real and always adds some color. :smileywink:

Duh, Friday they're calling for possible snow/flurries. Give me a break and thought we wouldn't be getting snow anymore with global warming. :smileyvery-happy:

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Clear
56° F | 36° F
Chance of Rain
49° F | 31° F
Chance of Snow
41° F | 25° F
Partly Cloudy
43° F | 25° F
Clear
54° F | 36° F
Clear Chance of Rain
30% chance of precipitation
Chance of Snow
20% chance of precipitation
Partly Cloudy Clear

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2010 11:23:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Bummer. :smileysad:  Most impatiens here got killed off by the drought, and periwinkles got fried that were in the ground (and they LOVE the heat!).

If you have a GardenRidge Pottery in your area, best bet to pick up fake silks at a good price.  They'll last outside for 3-8 yrs. depending on sun exposure and color (fading).

I got that tip from my grandma who used silk flowers for gravestones of relatives. :smileysad:  She wasn't able to go there often, and fresh ones die quickly.  It was a comfort to her to still see nice flowers when she was able to visit.

From the street, believe me, nobody can tell the difference.  Just don't arrange them too perfectly.  Neighbors will be in awe of your green thumb (especially in the dead of winter). :smileyvery-happy:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 6:38:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I had the first frost on my car this morning.  I actually had to start it and let it run - first time in 7 months.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 8:30:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

:smileysad:

Can send you some rain, 2" so far and still coming.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 8:43:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We will take any and all rain (up to a point) BUT if it comes tomorrow night, it would be snow, so i'll pass during that time frame.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 4:49:06 PM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

:smileysad:

Can send you some rain, 2" so far and still coming.

Point the rain towards IH10 West.  We'll take it....

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 7:07:45 PM
(0)
Employee

My mom had a silk plant in the foyer and I always had to look closely to make sure it was fake. Don't worry if they are the right color.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 8:43:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Rain finally ended this afternoon.  We wound up with a couple of inches in the Frisco/Plano area.  Already making up for the drier than normal October so for the year I think we are actually +1".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2010 8:46:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is supposed to snow here in Detroit Friday or Saturday.:smileysad:  Most of the places I have considered moving to got more snow than we did last winter.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2010 1:57:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Think it's still in the 80s in FL! 

Rain has stopped for now and wet leaves everywhere. :smileysad:

Opened storm door last night and a baby bird (or small one) flew out and nearly hit my head!  Don't know what kind it was, flew away too fast!  No, it wasn't a bat (or a flying roach, LOL!).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2010 4:46:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Dropping into the 40's the next couple of nights here.  BRRR.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2010 7:23:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Just wondering how many of you are running weather apps on your computer and which ones? I've been using Weather Pulse by Tropic Designs for quite some time, it's a nice little program without any ads and best of all, it's free. :smileywink: