Posted Aug 29, 2012
Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Anyone going anywhere besides dhascall?

I'll be working on taxes! :smileymad:  And Kilz'ing the master closet ceiling from the leak marks.  :smileymad:

I'm just :smileymad: about everything.  :smileyvery-happy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Labor Day Weekend Plans?

31 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(31)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2012
(0)

Probably going to drive to the nearby mountains to buy apples... run by and see the DD at college, too.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Labor Day Weekend Plans?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2012
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

I'll be working on taxes! :smileymad:  And Kilz'ing the master closet ceiling from the leak marks.  :smileymad:

You and me both, spd.

Supposed to rain here on Saturday and Sunday, how much depends on how far north the remnants of Isaac make it. Probably gonna just stay home an start clearing out some of the 25 years of accumulated stuff in the basement for a garage sale.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 29, 2012
(0)

Yeah, been cleaning out 30+ yrs. of stuff in 5 closets, plus laundry wall cabinets, and garage!  Where does it all come from?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2012
(0)

I will be watching movies and listening to music while surfing the web.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 30, 2012
(0)

Sounds good to me!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

Just hanging out at the house, and not buying any gas considering the prices shot up ~$0.30 a gallon over the last week. Plus, don't want to accidently find some of that contaminated BP gas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

Come over and smack my 3801 before I do!  Wireless is dead and I haven't had it for very long.

My apologies to my RG, it's Air Port's fault! :smileymad:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

I'm going to the Point Pleasent Beach Nj with my wife and kids. I hope the traffic is not to bad.

Congrats to all the A.C.E Awards recipients!!!!!!!      Keep up the great work...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

Come over and smack my 3801 before I do!  Wireless is dead and I haven't had it for very long.

My apologies to my RG, it's Air Port's fault! :smileymad:

Maybe send a few bucks to samsung and google for their lawyer fund.:smileywink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

1happyfamily wrote: 

Congrats to all the A.C.E Awards recipients!!!!!!!      Keep up the great work...

Thanks.

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

Good idea, but now it's Dell's fault. Another holiday project. :smileysad:

Computer-Joe wrote:

spd2demun wrote

My apologies to my RG, it's Air Port's fault! :smileymad:

Maybe send a few bucks to samsung and google for their lawyer fund.:smileywink:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 31, 2012
(0)

Thanks!

Maybe not many on the road with the price of gas.

1happyfamily wrote:

I'm going to the Point Pleasent Beach Nj with my wife and kids. I hope the traffic is not to bad.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

Well I was supposed to go visit my parents BUT I went to the Dr. Thursday with some pain and tenderness on my right side below my ribs.  After a HIDA Scan I found out the 'ol gall bladder no worky any more so out it comes Tuesday.  Have to be at the hospital at 6:30am.  Doc had me scheduled to arrive at 9:30 :smileymad: but then called and changed to 6:30 :smileyhappy:.  Said it will take 20 to 30 minutes and after I wake up I get to go home.  Man have things changed.  In and out....which is fine with me.  Never liked hospitals or Dr's anyway.  I guess the older we get the more we get to see them.:smileymad:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Well I was supposed to go visit my parents BUT I went to the Dr. Thursday with some pain and tenderness on my right side below my ribs.  After a HIDA Scan I found out the 'ol gall bladder no worky any more so out it comes Tuesday.  Have to be at the hospital at 6:30am.  Doc had me scheduled to arrive at 9:30 :smileymad: but then called and changed to 6:30 :smileyhappy:.  Said it will take 20 to 30 minutes and after I wake up I get to go home.  Man have things changed.  In and out....which is fine with me.  Never liked hospitals or Dr's anyway.  I guess the older we get the more we get to see them.:smileymad:

Sorry to hear that BeeBee. 

DD#2 had her gallbladder out a few years ago and she came home that afternoon with 4 little holes in her abdomen.  There weren't even any stitches, just superglue and bandaids!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

The changes in the Medical world are amazing. I had my gallbladder out 28 years ago and have a huge scar on my right side. Hubby had his out 3 years ago and has the little holes. Only one really noticeable now is in the middle. He recupped faster than I did. Good luck and hope you get better fast.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

Heal fast, BB!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

Wishing you a safe and s peedy recovery BB.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 2, 2012
(0)

Saying a prayer for you for a fast recovery and comfort.  And for your family Bee Bee.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

Thanks all for the well wishes!  I understand that the only pain is trying to get rid of the co2 gas they use during the surgery.  

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Well I was supposed to go visit my parents BUT I went to the Dr. Thursday with some pain and tenderness on my right side below my ribs.  After a HIDA Scan I found out the 'ol gall bladder no worky any more so out it comes Tuesday.

You kept the warranty papers right? :smileywink:

Have to be at the hospital at 6:30am.  Doc had me scheduled to arrive at 9:30 :smileymad: but then called and changed to 6:30 :smileyhappy:.  Said it will take 20 to 30 minutes and after I wake up I get to go home.  Man have things changed. 

Yup, no more laying around a couple weeks moanin' and groanin' while people wait on you. :smileywink:

In and out....which is fine with me.  Never liked hospitals or Dr's anyway.  I guess the older we get the more we get to see them.:smileymad:

Hey, just don't let them kick you out before they give you your lollipop. :smileyvery-happy:

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

Taylarie wrote:

The changes in the Medical world are amazing. I had my gallbladder out 28 years ago and have a huge scar on my right side. Hubby had his out 3 years ago and has the little holes. Only one really noticeable now is in the middle. He recupped faster than I did. Good luck and hope you get better fast.

Yup, one quarter the time in surgery, one fifth the time in the hospital, and 7 times the cost. Go figure.:smileywink:

neon_sign.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

My plans fizzled as I've been working on Airport wi-fi and program problem. :smileymad:  Got the wi-fi back, now can't open the program.  I need a 48 hr. day!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

Say s'long to greasy/oily foods, Bee-bee.  Had mine out 'bout 18 months ago.  Yep....the surgical methods used today would be nothing short of miraculous to doctors of my pop's time. 

Being the son of a physician ... doctors and hospitals don't bother me at all.  If it were not for the miracles of modern medicine.....surgical techniques....and modern pharmaceuticals I would not be alive today.  In November it will be 21 years since my triple bypass cardiac surgery and with modern drugs my blood pressure is well under control and my cholesterol numbers are great.  I was 55 at the time.  Without modern medicine I would not have made it to 56.

We went to a big birthday party yesterday evening....for our youngest grandson who is not 14 years old.  True to tradition his parents had a big party with many, many family members and friends of his over to their house for a buffet dinner and fun.  The din was absolutely unbelievable.  I could not talk over it.  Wish I had taken my sound-level meter with me.  I was exhausted by the time we got home.  Even after 8 hours of sleep I ended up taking a two hour nap late this morning.  Feel better this afternoon.  My wife grilled some stuffed chicken grillers for our late lunch so tummies are full....Alfie has had his dinner and is napping. (He'll be begging me in a while to get down on the floor and play with one of his many, many toys)

The heat is back.  Our high was 96 degrees this afternoon.

"I offered my opponents a deal: if they stop telling lies about me,
I will stop telling the truth about them".
~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 3, 2012
(0)

We're glad you got that operation, too, Phil!

It's like from here on out, it's all about maintenance--I feel like an old car!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 4, 2012
(0)

spd2demun wrote:

We're glad you got that operation, too, Phil!

It's like from here on out, it's all about maintenance--I feel like an old car!

Exactly!  I feel exactly the same.  Problem is......gettin' parts.  Right?Smiley winks.gif

Hey Bee-bee!   How are you feeling?   Safe at home we presume.

"I offered my opponents a deal: if they stop telling lies about me,
I will stop telling the truth about them".
~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 5, 2012
(0)

Yep made it back home around 2:00.  Found out that it was robotic surgery.  Something new where I went.  Sure am sore where they poked holes in me for the probes.  Not really any co2 gas pains.  Still kind of loopy from the meds I'm on so I'll sign off for now and update later. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 5, 2012
(0)

BeeBee will be sore for a few days. I think my husband was almost 2 weeks.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2012
(0)

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Yep made it back home around 2:00.  Found out that it was robotic surgery.  Something new where I went.  Sure am sore where they poked holes in me for the probes.  Not really any co2 gas pains.  Still kind of loopy from the meds I'm on so I'll sign off for now and update later. 

Isn't that your normal state BB? :smileywink:

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2012
(0)

Yep OU your right on!!  Had to mark it as accepted.:smileyvery-happy: