Posted May 2, 2012
Junior Seau, RIP

Real sad ending to a great NFL player and person in general. Hard to understand these type things and he was just inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame 5 months ago. :smileysad:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/02/report-of-shooting-at-seaus-home/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Junior Seau, RIP

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 2, 2012
(0)

Apparently from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest (per Fox News Channel, SD Police)

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Junior Seau, RIP

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 3, 2012
(0)

Sad.  Remember that he drove his truck off a cliff and said that was an accident.  Hmmm.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2012
(0)

Know I watched a series a few years ago that he would do all kinds of different jobs that make sports work and he just seemed to lack basic knowledge of simple items/things.  Have to wonder if his football background getting/giving too many hits affecting his brain and now the request to have his brain studied. :smileysad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Jobs_with_Junior_Seau

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2012
(0)

This description of a chance meeting with Junior Seau is one of the nicest comments I have ever read.  It really makes you wonder what happened inside his head in the month after this night. 

http://deadspin.com/5907297/the-night-junior-seau-picked-up-a-marine-captains-tab-and-serenaded-bar-...

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2012
(0)

I'm not that familiar with Seau, but Chicago was shocked when Dave Duerson committed suicide. Same deal; he shot himself in the chest so that the medical researchers could work towards a solution or diagnostics for the brain trauma associated with football.

His preference (according to his note)  was to go while he still had the facities to make the decision, and possibly help future players avoid / reduce / recognize the medical problems they were likely to suffer.

There are some other NFL suicides too, I don't recall the names, but many were on the same track ...