Posted Nov 11, 2012
6:45:41 PM
Happy Veterans Day!

Know I'm late on this but just wanted to honor all those who have served in our military services.

Thank you for your dedicated service to our country!

Happy Veterans Day!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2012 8:07:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks Uni!

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

2 of 6 (726 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012 8:05:32 AM
(0)
Master

You're more than welcome OUfan and thank you for your long-term service in the Navy!

My wife, son and I made our annual Veterans Day visit to my father-in-law's burial site yesterday. It was real nice to see the cemetery finally installed the veterans bronze plaque at the foot of his grave honoring his service in the Marine Corps during the later part of WWII. While we had to pay for the footer being poured, and granite base, it's nice the Veterans Adminstration supplied the plaque/marker for free upon submission of his honorable discharge papers. :smileyhappy:

3 of 6 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012 11:14:33 AM
(0)
Expert
Thanks Uni!

4 of 6 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012 5:01:30 PM
(0)
Master

You're welcome SJ and thank you for your service to our country! :smileyhappy:

I remembered you, OUfan and showtime48 were all submariners in the Navy. :smileywink:

5 of 6 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2012 6:59:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yep, I spent 20 years in and 12 of it underwater.  I was onboard the USS Hawkbill when this video was shot by CNN in 1999.

They were doing an hour long special about us. The online article is here.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (598 Views)