Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

This has been my exact complaint. AT&T has got to have the most inconsiderate incompetent service to get in the internet business.

I can remember how disappointed I was that they took away the local theater directory, but now they have really made me mad by deleting all of my news feeds.

Such gross incompetence!!!

Observer

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've changed the new ATT home page back to my.yahoo.com, but I agree with all of those irritated by ATT changing it without giving customers the choice. A bane of technology: doing something just because it CAN be done. The scrolling "news" on the new ATT homepage is lame, irritating, and very sixth grade.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I did the fix suggested and got my old home page back. I have spent a LOT of time tweaking that page to get the information I want. It had better stay or I'll look for another service. How either dumb or arrogant this change by ATT is! Who made this decision??? Really???

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you soooo much for telling me how to find my old page! I was going to have to start shopping around, and still might.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I spent a long time on the new ATT page before joining this community, since I like to figure things out on my own. I was trying to find the personal assistant, my map, and all the other little customized things that made "MY PAGE" my own which is what made me love ATT. Well, no more. Same thing with FB, which I used to be on daily before they forced a change on me, and now I hardly ever go there. So, now that ATT has done the same thing, can anyone tell me who is like our old ATT that I can change to? Been with this company since I left the old dial up AOL many years ago, so I am definately not under contract and willing to take "control of me" away from ATT. Unless they are willing to pay me, and not vice versa! Who still lets you customize?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

I hate it too. I found my old one at www.my.yahoo.com.  Still works, so far.......

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have tried for 2 days now to try to find out how to restore all my Bookmarks, which is main reason I go to the "old" ATT Home page...plus want to delete all the streaming video newscrap they now have, which does nothing more than increase the download bandwidth when I bring up my webpage....this is probably intentional on ATT's part - help push the User over the 5GB maximum ASAP, and bring in more bucks for them.

Does anybody, repeat ANYBODY, have a clue how to go about editing, modifying, deleting, etc these new features which have about as much use to me as the well-known mammary glands on wild male razorbacks.  HELP.

ray9640

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

How did you change back to your old page???  the att.my.yahoo.com??? I still have this in my Internet Explorer browser as my home page upon launching IE, but I notice it immediately changes to  the new att.yahoo.com URL...is getting it changed back something that needs to be done with Yahoo, as opposed to trying to find an actual human with ATT to explain how?

Please enlighten all of us suffering as you did on the new garbage page on how to restore the previous version...thanks,

ray9640

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE THE NEW PAGE!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

i am extremely upset by at&t just up & removing my personalized page & replacing it with what they want me to see - with absolutely no notification - i want my personal page back! - i feel like big brother has just taken over my internet home page & i don't like it - i have spent time choosing just what i want on my personal page & now it's all gone - my page is certainly not my page anymore - what can be done to return to what at&t previously offered?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.