Posted Sep 12, 2012
4:03:05 PM
New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 13, 2012 5:28:26 PM
(0)
Mentor
HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

189 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(189)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 1:45:26 AM
(0)
Voyager

I do not like the new Home page period. I liked it the way i had it customized. Im not a big fan of Yahoo either. Now with the new AT&T / Yahoo / Home page , I have to sign in every time , and yes I click the keep me signed in for 2 weeks crap , but I still have to sign in every time . They need to eliminate the auto sign out every 2 weeks and allow people to stay permanently signed in if they do choose so.

They also should give the option of keeping your personalized Home page no matter how many different home pages they come up with.

One could say this is a derivative of some form of communistic thought of " We know whats best for You " . But thank God we still have choice in this Country . I just changed my Home page to " Google " home page and will continue to use it until  AT&T/ Yahoo allows me to have my old Home page back as a choice. Whats really frustrating is , I have to access ny Bellsouth e-mail through them .

More choice is always better than one choice.

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

121 of 190 (2,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 4:30:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
I agree 100%

Re: Want custom home page back

122 of 190 (2,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 6:04:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Watch out for Google too! I switched to Bing for a true and more realistic search not just what Google wanted me to know. :smileywink:

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

123 of 190 (2,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 8:54:56 AM
(0)
Teacher

I hate att.  they cahnge this all the time and we lose everything we actually needed and all the work we did making our page usable.  I HATE THEM and good luck trying to call them because they are a total sham!!!!!!!!!! You cannot even get to the place you need.

124 of 190 (2,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 8:56:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

I hate ATT.  How do we get ahold of them and tell them how much we hate this?  Good luck trying to get through to anyone on their crappy phone system.

Re: I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE ATT/YAHOO HAS DONE THIS !!!

125 of 190 (2,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 8:56:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

yes, AT&T has really screwed up this time. neither my husband nor I want this generic page they set up for us. Thank god the my.yahoo.com link works so far, but AT&T is going to lose us as customers if they don't go back. That means we drop Uverse, cell phone, internet. Comcast would love to have our business!

So....AT&T: PUT IT BACK!!!!!

126 of 190 (2,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 2:15:22 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree!!!  I don't like the look of the page and I kept ATT for my home page mainly because we could choose colors, sports teams, entertainment.  BRING BACK the old page, please!!!!

128 of 190 (2,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 11:41:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yesterday when I typed in my.yahoo.com it just kept bumping me to the new page with the new uncustomizable format and the FAQ I read said RSS feeds were being discontinued from here on out. Today when I typed in my.yahoo.com, I had my old page back. And can't find the same FAQ I read last night. So what gives? Have they decided we can have our RSS feeds after all? 

On second thought, I've already spent hours and hours making a new RSS page at netvibes.com. Think I'm going to stick with that. You have lost my eyeballs for good, yahoo.

133 of 190 (2,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 4:12:03 AM
(0)
Voyager

Very disgusted with the new format myself.  I may switch to another homepage option because of this.  Someone really was not on the ball. In fact, they slipped off the ball and got ran over by it.  I had previously uploaded my art to be the border on my homepage and miss the butterflies and clovers and creativity that came with the previous homepage format.

134 of 190 (2,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:22:08 AM
(0)
Teacher

Kudos! With this kind of customer service, I plan to find a new host that won't delete my hard work.

Re: How do I add custom RSS feeds to the new home page?

136 of 190 (2,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:26:36 AM
(0)
Teacher

I agree completely. I plan to find a new host as well. Obviously AT&T does not respect their customers values and needs. After years of customizing your home page it is extremely rude and inconsiderate for them to just go in and simply delete it. Talk about customer service!!!!

137 of 190 (2,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:29:39 AM
(0)
Teacher

It must be customer appreciation day.

138 of 190 (2,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:31:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

Amen!!!! Obviously, AT&T cares very little about what their customers want.

139 of 190 (2,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:32:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

And what about all of the years of customizing to the exact needs.

141 of 190 (2,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:37:50 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by J. Paul on Sep 16, 2012 at 7:40:43 AM

This has been my exact complaint. AT&T has got to have the most inconsiderate incompetent service to get in the internet business.

I can remember how disappointed I was that they took away the local theater directory, but now they have really made me mad by deleting all of my news feeds.

Such gross incompetence!!!

[ Edited ]
142 of 190 (2,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 8:57:15 AM
(0)
Contributor
I did the fix suggested and got my old home page back. I have spent a LOT of time tweaking that page to get the information I want. It had better stay or I'll look for another service. How either dumb or arrogant this change by ATT is! Who made this decision??? Really???

144 of 190 (2,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 5:47:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is anyone else as dissapointed as I am in the new ATT home page?

Here are my reasons:

1. I wasn't asked

2. I've lost my weather info on selected cities

3. Everything seems to take longer

4. I hate HATE having images of murderers, pink slime, violence etc. hitting me in the face everytime I

go to the homepage to check my e-mail

5. And I REALLY hate all the ads.

I've tried to reset to an earlier time to get back to my old home page but of course that no longer is an option.

Anyone else having issues with this? Am I just dumb (I'm not the most PC savvy person)?

New ATT Home Page

130 of 190 (2,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 7:31:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Terogan wrote:

Is anyone else as dissapointed as I am in the new ATT home page?

Here are my reasons:

1. I wasn't asked

2. I've lost my weather info on selected cities

3. Everything seems to take longer

4. I hate HATE having images of murderers, pink slime, violence etc. hitting me in the face everytime I

go to the homepage to check my e-mail

5. And I REALLY hate all the ads.

I've tried to reset to an earlier time to get back to my old home page but of course that no longer is an option.

Anyone else having issues with this? Am I just dumb (I'm not the most PC savvy person)?

Try this.  https://login.yahoo.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New ATT Home Page

140 of 190 (2,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 10:45:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jnjshelor on Sep 16, 2012 at 11:23:52 AM

Thank you soooo much for telling me how to find my old page! I was going to have to start shopping around, and still might.

[ Edited ]
145 of 190 (2,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 11:18:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I spent a long time on the new ATT page before joining this community, since I like to figure things out on my own. I was trying to find the personal assistant, my map, and all the other little customized things that made "MY PAGE" my own which is what made me love ATT. Well, no more. Same thing with FB, which I used to be on daily before they forced a change on me, and now I hardly ever go there. So, now that ATT has done the same thing, can anyone tell me who is like our old ATT that I can change to? Been with this company since I left the old dial up AOL many years ago, so I am definately not under contract and willing to take "control of me" away from ATT. Unless they are willing to pay me, and not vice versa! Who still lets you customize?

146 of 190 (2,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 9:21:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE THE NEW PAGE!!!

150 of 190 (1,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 9:32:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

i am extremely upset by at&t just up & removing my personalized page & replacing it with what they want me to see - with absolutely no notification - i want my personal page back! - i feel like big brother has just taken over my internet home page & i don't like it - i have spent time choosing just what i want on my personal page & now it's all gone - my page is certainly not my page anymore - what can be done to return to what at&t previously offered?

151 of 190 (2,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 11:22:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
I HATE IT TOO!!! WILL BE SWITCHING TO MY 2NDARY GMAIL ACCOUNT. ADIOS ATT!!

152 of 190 (2,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2012 7:02:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have no intention of allowing AT&T to censor the information I receive and then spoon feed me the information on their agenda.  It is unconscionableI that they would make such a change without advising their users they would be losing their customized content.  I will take my business elsewhere.

155 of 190 (3,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 8:35:37 AM
(0)
Observer

I've changed the new ATT home page back to my.yahoo.com, but I agree with all of those irritated by ATT changing it without giving customers the choice. A bane of technology: doing something just because it CAN be done. The scrolling "news" on the new ATT homepage is lame, irritating, and very sixth grade.

New ATT homepage

143 of 190 (1,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 5:50:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

How did you change back to your old page???  the att.my.yahoo.com??? I still have this in my Internet Explorer browser as my home page upon launching IE, but I notice it immediately changes to  the new att.yahoo.com URL...is getting it changed back something that needs to be done with Yahoo, as opposed to trying to find an actual human with ATT to explain how?

Please enlighten all of us suffering as you did on the new garbage page on how to restore the previous version...thanks,

ray9640

Re: New ATT homepage

149 of 190 (1,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 9:59:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

I HATE, HATE, HATE the new home page.  I liked my old one.  I want it back.  I want to customize.  I don't want celebrity junk.  Why, oh why, did you do this? 

new home page

127 of 190 (2,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 4:08:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

The new Home Page arrangement is a travesty!   Give us back our old format--there was NOTHING wrong with it.  You don't fix it if it isn't BROKEN!  Nobody gives a hoot about what a celebrity is having for dinner or who is baring their breasts in publc!  GET REAL!  The headlines banner is inconvenient and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom fo the page to see the news.

Re: new home page

129 of 190 (1,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2012 9:40:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by csparjohn on Sep 15, 2012 at 9:41:53 PM

Why fix something that wasn't broken, Can't  personalize, has so much repetitive content, most of which I don;t want in the first place let alone on several different sections of the page. And unable to customize.  Please for Gods sake, change it back!!!!!!

Also, how in the he## do you stop the freaking pop up asking to take a tour????

[ Edited ]
132 of 190 (1,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2012 5:18:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

The new home page is terrible. Why fix something that isn't broke? I don't have local news or other links I had a quick connection to and I can't customize it how I like. The old Home Page was MY Home Page. The new home page is a generic garbage page. Bring back the old Home Page or at least something comparable.

135 of 190 (1,944 Views)