Posted Sep 12, 2012
4:03:05 PM
New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 13, 2012 5:28:26 PM
(0)
Mentor
HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

189 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(189)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 5:51:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Bravo Jensley-I really dislike this new homepage for similar reasons. Att has consistently gone downhill. I am very irritated by them so much so I am thinking to switch providers. I have had it and this is the last straw. Why did they do this without asking loyal and long term customers?

Re: Dreadful new homepage

90 of 190 (2,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 5:55:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Quoting this for the new page:

gjlieber wrote:
HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

92 of 190 (3,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 6:14:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:33:02 PM

THIS NEW HOME PAGE SUCKS.  EVERYTHING I HAD ON MY HOME PAGE IS LOST.  THE ACCESS TO MY E-MAIL IS MISSING AND BEFORE THE CHANGES I COULD NOT ACCESS ANY OF MY E-MAILS THROUGH INTERNET EXPLORER  FROM ANY OF MY COMPUTERS. I CONTACTED ATT INTERNET SERVICES AND WAS TOLD THAT THE PROBLEM WAS IN MY COMPUTERS AND NOT FROM THEIR MAKING CHANGES WITH THEIR SERVICES. MY E-MAIL IS THROUGH BELLSOUTH SO IF THE PROBLEM IS NOT CAUSED BY THEIR CHANGES THEN WHY IS IT ON ALL MY COMPUTERS?

NEW ATT HOME PAGE SUCKS

[ Edited ]
94 of 190 (3,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 6:34:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Today I logged in to find my customized home page gone. I loved my home page. Had everything I wanted by customization. Now I'm to suffer AT&T and what they think should be on my home page.

I find the constant scrolling of current news very distracting. I cannot customize with this new format.

No local movie theatre listings, sports teams and game scores, television program times and much more.

If it wasn't broke then why the change?

This is unacceptable. I want my old page back or AT&T needs to add COMPLETE customization as it was.

Re: New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

95 of 190 (3,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 6:38:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Bugaw on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:39:06 PM

Thx Mikey246 for the above post. I find it very frustrating that AT&T decided to change my saved home page to theirs without informing me.

[ Edited ]
96 of 190 (3,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 6:48:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
The new AT&T homepage is the worst example of forced marketing garbage I have ever seen.
Why has AT&T Internet forced customers to give up their customize home page for one that is filled with fluff  that they are not interested in and is difficult to use.
The old homepage was one of the best things that AT&T/Yahoo had going for it on the internet.
A great home page.
Now it is a mess.
It is like you are force feeding customers to view uninteresting content in a difficult to navigate format.

What's with all the pictures of no importance cluttering up the page.
Don't you think your customers can read.
All my personalized modules, etc that I have had for the past 10 years on the old homepage are now gone and I can't figure out how to get them back. (my news carriers, personalized stocks info, local weather, local radio and TV stations, among many others)
All you offer on the new page is of little or no interest to me.  Mostly fluff and filler, with little substance.
My stock info is 3 pages deep and cannot customize to the front page.
Have to key in one at time. Why bother.
Your chat room agents I tried to talk to only replied back with marketing propoganda, and no solutions. A joke.
AT&T will soon learn how easy it is to run off a $175 per month customer that has been with them 35 years.

James C.

97 of 190 (3,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 7:14:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Displeased with new home page preferred old home page as I was allowed to personalize the categories and colors.  Want the option for my old home page. I have even followed previous comments and came across my original homepage and set that page as my home page but everytime I clicked on the home button it takes me back to att.net that they set up. I had to save my original home as my favorites in order to get back. Will be looking for a new home page since att.net is not giving me options anymore.

98 of 190 (3,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 7:27:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

I HATE your new home page! It's horrible! I can't find anything I want or need. Give me the old one back, AT&T! You are stupid. No one likes the new one. Don't you pay attention to what the people are saying?  Also, I absolutely HATE your web site for checking bills or looking for a new contract with a better deal. I had it all set up to where I could open all my accounts and now I can't because you want them combined. I'm not going to set up three new passwords, ect just to combine them into one. You are completely STUPID! I am this close (very seriously considering) to canceling you and going some where else. And now you've put blocks up so you don't get your feelings hurt by us telling you the truth.

99 of 190 (3,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 6:14:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

How do I access my personal info? Stock portfolios, sports teams? 

where is my personal info? stock portfolio, sports teams?

93 of 190 (3,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 8:35:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Taylarie on Sep 14, 2012 at 5:26:03 AM

OK, the constant signing in when I've already checked the "remember me" option is very irritating.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Why the continued silence?! You see how angry we all are, and what are you doing about it? NOTHING. Nice way to treat your loyal and long-term customers! Obviously you don't want us as customers much longer!

[ Edited ]
100 of 190 (3,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 9:03:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Trying to find someone to complalin to about this stupid new home page change - I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE - DO YOU HEAR ME ATT????  ATT just doesn't care what we want - it wants to tell us what information we will or will not have on our home page.  If I get changed (and I probably will), I am seriously considering leaving ATT and going somewhere else for service.  I'm sick of companies not listening to their paying customers.  ANY OF YOU AT ATT LISTENING??  Look at all of these posts!

101 of 190 (3,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2012 9:52:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

New home page is the pits.

102 of 190 (2,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:04:46 AM
(0)
Teacher

The new site changes are disastrous to customers. We lost choice. We lost store information. WE LOST!

Re: New Community Site Changes

103 of 190 (2,947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 7:58:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you all who posted a link to get my old page back. This was a terrible move by AT&T. If my old page disappears, I'm canceling all my AT&T accounts. And I will not miss the "surprises" they spring on us!

104 of 190 (2,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 8:47:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I STRONGLY agree. The customized page was a very important feature for me. I wonder who AT&T surveyed before they made this change, probably not their customers.

105 of 190 (2,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 9:16:42 AM
(0)
Voyager

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT&T

This is the worst site I have every seen. Whom ever designed it should be FIRED immediately. The loss of everyone's personal configuration just shows how you people just don't care what your customers think.

Have you guys every heard of Beta testing!? I'm sure you guys are saying "They will get use to it" Sorry, it SUCKS BAD. 

I personally will never have this site load again. I would rather have MSN. Which sucks only a little bit less than what you people have produced. Nice. I'm glad to see At&t is thinking out side the box. :smileysad:

Does anyone know of a good configurable homepage to use?

106 of 190 (2,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 10:13:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Going to my.yahoo.com after you log in does appear to work...for now. Once you're on your old home page, to make it your default home page, click the down arrow next to the home icon and select "add or change home page..."

107 of 190 (2,822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 10:14:28 AM
(0)
Voyager
There are two options I Know of:
1. Go to my.yahoo.com your old page is there but I don't know for how long it will be.
2. I use MyWay.com. totally configurable, like AT&T WAS!
Good luck!

108 of 190 (2,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 10:33:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

I hate this new ATT page. I want my old home page back!!!!!!!!!!!!

109 of 190 (2,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 10:46:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

For your old page log in at . http://my.yahoo.com Your setting should be there still through yahoo. Mine was.

110 of 190 (2,806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 10:50:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

To use your old home page log in through http://my.yahoo.com

111 of 190 (2,804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 1:11:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hate new ATT HOME PAGE !!!  TOTAL  MISTAKE!! Features I used are gone: Horoscopes, News content, Etc. Does anyone have suggestions other than yahoo.com? NEW SERVICE??  Call and complain as often as you can to ATT.  ATT has really messed-up this time  !!!!!!!!!

114 of 190 (2,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 1:25:25 PM
(0)
Voyager

Yes. I use MyWay.com

it is alot like the old homepage and very configurable!

115 of 190 (2,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 5:13:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Really aggravated that AT&T just takes away my homepage. Like many of you that has lost the contents that you needed,enjoyed and used daily I too want my old homepage back. I've lost Favorites listings and my Stock Portfolio. Now I have way too much junk on one page that I don't want or care to sift through, way too time consuming and distracting. Way to go AT&T, take what your customers want and give us what we don't want without giving us a voice or a choice in the matter. Is that the way you gain good customer relations???

homepage

117 of 190 (2,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:32:57 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hate it

118 of 190 (2,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 11:26:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

Is ATT now working for news agencies?  Why can't we have other news like FOX.  You give us ABC (Crap)

Want custom home page back

112 of 190 (2,660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 11:41:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

Use  http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=yfp-t-403 to get your old page back.  Save your home page address to your browser.

Re: Want custom home page back

113 of 190 (2,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 1:56:15 PM
(0)
Teacher
This works...the save operation is done in the Tools, Internet Options menu

116 of 190 (2,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 6:56:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

I DO "NOT" LIKE THE NEW HOME PAGE AT ALL. PLEASE GIVE US OUR CUSTOM HOME PAGE BACK

119 of 190 (2,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2012 11:05:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you!  This works!  I wasted a lot of time trying to re-set my home page before I found your very helpful post.  I still can't believe that ATT/Yahoo made this stupid change.

Re: HERE IS THE FIX

120 of 190 (2,522 Views)