Posted Mar 9, 2013
Hiding email addresses

I have a group email list and I need to block receipients from viewing everyone's email address on the list

Hiding email addresses

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 10, 2013
(0)

barbrox wrote:

I have a group email list and I need to block receipients from viewing everyone's email address on the list

Either you need to send individual messages to each recipient, or use Bcc (blind carbon copy). Bcc allows you to send a message to a group without the individuals of that group knowing who all received the message.

I aplaud you for taking this effort. I really hate when someone sends out mass/group mailings with my address attached to it, because quite often those recipients just use "forward to all" or "reply to all" and send the message to all their contacts (with all previous addresses attached) and soon enough there's hundreds of people I don't know, who have my email address.

Quite often that is how someone finds themselves with everyone in their contact list getting spam from them because they mass mailed someone who had a malware infection and that message included their entire contact list plus a sending address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Hiding email addresses