The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ragzzb's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 3:34 AM

Unable to connect to PC with Samsung S3

Hi, I have been unable to connect to my PC usint the USB cable. I was having no problems at all and now it just keeps cycling as I hear the connect / disconnect sound. I have this issue even with the use of kies. I am using windows 8 with all the latest updates,

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Ragzzb, Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the negative experience. Did this start to happen after a recent application download or update? Have you also tried to uninstall and the re-install Kies? We recommend that to ensure you have the most up to date version of the drivers for your phone installed on your computer. Let us know if this helps. ^Jake

Samsung Support

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

if it keeps making connect/disconnect sounds it could be

a) a defective usb cable

b) a defective usb port

c) a defective charge port

d) corrupted usb drivers

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply JFizDaWiz , I have another S3 and have no problem connecting to my PC with it. I wonder if it might have something to do with a Codec pack I installed for windows media player. (Grasping at straws)

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

My experience with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and USB/PC connection has been ... initially, I had no problem connecting to my PC several times, and then one day I experienced what you have described; I connected to different USB ports, (my laptop has (4) USB ports), and finally found one that worked flawlessly, (except for, on occaision, that I need to close/open my Windows 7  Windows Explorer for my S4 to show up in Windows Explorer). I now, use that particular USB port. I hope you get your issue resolved.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks MikeG0103,

I've tried a bout everything including your suggestions.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

As the Ambassador said, a clean re-install of Kies and all necessary drivers should help (again, I'm stressing clean re-install). If not, google 'Universal Naked Driver' and try that sucker out. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Ambassador Jake and Professor jii for you your suggestions.

I have done a full uninstall of Kies by using Revo uninstaller in the advanced mode, and clean re-install of Samsung Kies 3.0 and the current upgrade version 3.2.14083_17. I also installed the latest device driver I could find (v1.5.45.0).

I have tried 5 different USB ports on my computer and still have the same issue where the connection continues to cycle over and over and will not stabilize or it will not attempt to connect at all. I have at times achieved a random stable connection but it will only last for a minute or two I have another Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have no issues with connection.

I have not tried the 'Universal Naked Driver' so that is my next step.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.