For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CyAnubis's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 11th, 2014 10:57 AM

Samsung GALAXY Note4 Bluetooth issues

I love my new Samsung GALAXY Note4. But I seem to be having issues with the Bluetooth over certain device since I got the phone. I've owned the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III and used this phone over the same devices and never had any issues.

I bought my Samsung GALAXY Note4 with Android version 4.4.4 and just received a major update just recently. When this update occured I thought it would fix one particular  Bluetooth issue I was having, and that is streaming music over my Clarion CX501 car stereo. Since I purchased this phone, when I try to stream music over my car stereo it starts to skip, jump, stutter and disconnect. I tried EVERYTHING that I found on that internet and NOTHING worked, including stopping applications maybe because of high CPU utilization. I even installed Bluetooth Auto Connect and that didn't work either. Now I never had issues before until the new phone.

Just recently I found an article on the internet about turning off Wi-fi. Now I don't really see how that would work because Wi-fi and Bluetooth are to different types of radios. I said what the heck what it can't hurt. I turned the Wi-fi off on my phone and began streaming to my car stereo and not one skip, jump or stutter occured. Drove all the way to work with no issues.

So there has to be an issue with Androids Bluetooth stack, Kernel or the way it utilizes Wi-fi and/or Bluetooth. For weeks this was an ongoing issue with my phone and turning off the Wi-fi while streaming seemed to solve the issue.

Is AT&T and/or Android looking into this? It seems to be a big issue with the phone trying to stream over devices using Bluetooth.

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

CyAnubis,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Thank you for your feedback and information. We would like to gather more information regarding what you're experiencing with your device.

With the troubleshooting that you tried, did you also do a Factory Reset and still experienced this? Do you experience this with any other Bluetooth devices?

Thank you,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

It seems to be just the car. The car never experienced these issue until I got the Note 4 all my other phones never had an issue with car before. The note will play for about 15 minutes before it starts to skip or stutter. I will also start to do long pauses. When it starts to do this I have to disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect it and it goes away for a bit then all of this starts al over again. The only thing that resolves this is turning off the WiFi. Why..... I have no idea, it seems to work though. When I do this the issue will occur once. Wifi on and the bluetoth issue is unbearable.

I've reset the phone, removed paired devices on both the phone and the car, tweked settings and so on.

I've noticed other Note 4 owners seem to have issues more with streaming over car audio than any other device.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

its a known problem with the bluetooth stack on the note 4.  If samsung would leave somethings in the os alone these problems would not crop up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.