For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Yuriss's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 3:54 AM

No record of IMEI

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Express for AT&T about almost a year ago to use with a prepaid go phone plan., I am trying to unlock through the at&t unlocking portal as I am returning to my country but I keep getting the following message without sucess "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device." I have rechecked it but still no sucess and I am still a current at&t customer.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Thanks in advance.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Yuriss!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your device. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

10 years ago

I had the same issue a few days ago with an HTC Titan. I contacted customer care, and was told they have occasional issues with the website. They escalated my issue to a higher level of support, and I was contacted within a day to let me know that my IMEI would now be recognized by the request form.

I was then able to submit the request and received my unlock code a day later.

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

10 years ago

Same thing happened to me, with an S4 Mini I bought from AT&T at full retail price.

I called AT&T Customer Service. The guy tried and witnessed the error message himself on the AT&T Unlocking portal. He then created an internal support ticket on the issue, noting my IMEI#. 2 days later I received an email from an internal AT&T team with my device's unlocking code. The code worked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.