For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Pink Jazz's profile

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 8:00 PM

Can't upgrade new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.4

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via AT&T Next, and for some reason, when I try to manually search for updates, it says my phone software is up-to-date.  I was wondering, does anyone know why?  From what I heard, the Android 4.4.4 update came out on November 20.  Why isn't my phone detecting the update when I search for it?

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Pink Jazz,

Thanks for reaching out to us. There might two different reasons why you have not updated the device. Some carriers do send out the update in waves, so not all devices might get update right away and might take a bit of time; we suggest checking in with AT&T regarding this.

If there is a update missing between what is on your device and the new 4.4.4 then there is the possibility that the phone will not update. In this case you might have to take it to a AT&T store to have it manually updated.

Thank you,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

My phone came with Android 4.4.2, so there doesn't appear to be any missing updates between my current version and 4.4.4.  Hopefully I can get 4.4.4 soon.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

I have had the Note 3 since February and only one major update during that time. Carriers sometimes delay updates while updating their own software to accommodate.
If you device is working, don't Rush the update. But if you start to have problems, then you need to push for the update.
I had to take my phone to Best Buy's Samsung desk and have them force the kit kat update because my GPS kept dropping. (Kit kat was released in November 2013, some got it in January. I had GPS a problems in March and took the phone in for update in April. )

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

It should be updated by now, unless AT&T halted/paused the rollout. If you have easy access to an AT&T store stop in and ask them to update it for you. They can flash the update in the store. Make sure you do a backup in Kies first, just in case...

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I do like how the ambassador says take it to att store. The ones in south Carolina can't do nothing with a phone. I went there to see why I didn't get the 4.4.4 update they said it had not rolled out yet, lol. After I told him about this forum he said everybody don't know what they are talking about. That just made me mad but I just walked out. Then I go to the one in Summerville the guy actually had a note 3 and showed me he had the update. Then I asked if they could help me out to get the update they said we don't do that at any store in south Carolina I would have to go to Atlanta Georgia. Then I just laughed and walked out. What's up with att and having no tech support people at stores. All this money we pay and we get nothing for help at stores. I just can't wait for my contract is up or when I get my taxes back I will switch over to tmobile or Verizon or sprint, where I get tech support in the stores where I live.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.