tavasko's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 1:38 AM

Uverse Freezes and looses signal often

I have had Uverse for 5 years now, for the first 4 years the system has work flawlessly. In the past 12 months my services has been terrible, it TV freezes, looses signal, etc. I have the gateway replaced 3 times, the DVR replaced 3 times. We have nit changed anything on the network, two tv cat 5, rest are coax. Internet/phone work great. 

In addition to the freezing, recorded shoes are often blocky, and unwatchable.

The last technician told my wife we are to far from the main hub??? We are in a new subdivision, believe it or not I am considering going back to Comcast at least then I could understand the problems, ATT Uverse has just degraded over time.

Can any one help Me, i a tired of installing boxes.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Stats-2013-03-08-19-19-50.pngErrorTable-2013-03-08-19-20-09.pngBitloading-2013-03-08-19-20-14.png

3 Attachments

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You should be on a Bonded pair profile with a iNid, but at that distance, even that would not correct the issue of you being way too far away from the VRad to even have service.

You are pretty much at the limits of UVerse, at 3000 feet, and there really is not much that ATT can do with the tv service. Internet, you should be lucky to even get 12meg if even possible at that distance. 3-6meg is about the limits at 3000 feet.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

If he was on pair-bonding with an iNID, he would probably have working service, including IPTV. But he's definitely too far for single-line service.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Probably is like going to Vegas and betting $500 grand on Red at the Roulette, and hoping you win.

I personally think that the OP may be at the limits for where they are located, and unless the techs come out and hook up the iNID and do the pair bonding,or test to even see if pair bonding will even give them any kind of service besides just low end Internet, we just have to wait and see for their reply as to what the tech states, when they check things out.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

How do I get a tech to come out? Every time I contact customer service they want to install new equipment.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Either file a ticket at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sbcdirect or by sending a Private Message, by clicking on the Blue Envelope at the top right hand corner, and send to "ATTCustomerCare" without the quotes. You can also call tech support at their 800#.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@tavasko wrote:

How do I get a tech to come out? Every time I contact customer service they want to install new equipment.

Send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same issues.  It has been ongoing for months.  Tech is coming again today.  Any suggestions?  How can I paste from UV Realtime?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

HoustonTexan - If you have COAX with any connections, such as barrel connector or splitter in the attic or wrapped outside the house extreme heat can cause the connectors to swell & lose contact. The same could occur on any connections between the VRAD & NID.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.  All coax has been replaced along with the splitters.  We lose all connection of internet and tv.  The DVR is basically useless.  One tech said that we were on the fringe of distance and he thought that his supervisor could approve something that could help it but I dont remember what it was.  It was declined anyway. I have ran the UV Realtime but unsure how to paste the screenshots.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.