For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
alisia_1's profile

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2013 11:10 PM

Swapping Cable Box Questions?

After many years, my box finally went dead. I called and ordered a new one and it should get to me shortly. I was in a rush so I didn't have time for the person on the phone to explain it all to me, but I was wondering how hard is it to change out, and what do I do with the old equipment?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Please see this link for instructions and video on how to change your equipment: AT&T U-verse TV- Replace your U-verse TV receiver

As for the old equipment you can take it to any UPS store and they will ship it back to AT&T at no charge to you.  Please make sure you get a shipping receipt with a tracking number in case there is a problem....that way you have proof you shipped it with the tracking number you will be provided.  I have heard that sometimes a shipping label will be included with the new receiver so you can box the old one and ship it back.  Not sure how often that happens though.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Also, this article might help:

Set-Top-Box Replacement

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks!!  I was looking for that and could not remember where I came across it.  Now I know!!

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the quick replies, Smiley Happy.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

No problem. Your link does the job great!

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

One more thing I found........

If you are replacing an existing TV receiver, please return the AT&T U-verse receiver you replaced and the old power cord as-is to your nearest UPS Store. No special packaging is required. Advise the UPS representative that you are returning an AT&T U-verse receiver.

You will need to provide the order number given to you by the AT&T customer service representative and your account number. Do not return your remote control.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.