For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
satanand's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2013 2:40 AM

Motorola VAP2500

Hi 

I have the  motorola vap 2500 wireless access point  from ATT.  I found that it does have a web configuration interface. But I do not know the login and password. I have tried  all the userid/password combinations out there in the web for motorola devices.  But nothing has worked. Thinking of using hydra at this point.

Btw, I did reset the device as well.

If anybody has any knowledge of how to login to the Motorola VAP 2500,

Thanks

Satanand 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

@Darknessrise, thanks for inSSIDer.  I've used netstumbler for years, and it is nice to have a new app to try.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I discovered, with some help, that the 2nd device connecting (the 2nd mac address that has its own ip and serves no purpose that I can see) is most likely a 2nd device on the 1 wireless receiver that only connects when using the receiver via the wireless access point. So, if you plug it in directly to the router, and not use the access point, it goes away. However, so far nobody has been able to explain to me what it is and what is does.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What is the default log in address? For Netgear the router log in address is 192.168.0.1.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@smith.infosystems wrote:
What is the default log in address? For Netgear the router log in address is 192.168.0.1.

Are you talking about the VAP2500's default login? The login for it would be whatever IP address it has been assigned by DHCP. However, the username/password are currently unknown.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

Try:

User: ATTadmin

Password: 2500!VAP

Worth a try... I guess :/.

The mystery has been solved thanks to some amazing people at Dslreports.com!

It's -

User:ATTadmin

Password:2500!VaP

I was so close, yet so far....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

does NOT work on mine

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Any more luck with info to log in

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I tried accessing my MotoVap via its DHCP assigned IP address and i dont get a response.

Is there some other way or IP address to access it?

Ive been having issues with it using the same channel as comcasts darn APs that annoying use several channels in the neighborhood. My wireless boxes seem to have issues because of this.

I would like to manually change the channel but as i said i cant acces it.

I have an android tablet with WiFi analyzer and can see the MotoVAP broadcasting...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I now can say I'm not over thinking, imagining things my kids think I'm going crazy for a blaming my husband that he is hijacking our home wifi and changes passwords and setting and email at work. Crook it Husband big fat liar says how can he do that? Well I've been on him for two weeks trying to find something unusual went and compared reversers only Tv with so I research it that explains that I'm not going crazy. Please coment for more ammo when I call him out on it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.