Posted Nov 21, 2012
1:27:07 PM
View profile
Detailed IP traffic by device

Hi,

I think by Logitech revue may be downloading more data than it should. How do I get a detailed trafic report for a single ip on my system?

I have Realtime installed but can't see it from there.

Thanks

A-

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2012 1:43:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can download Wireshark here for free and capture the information by IP address.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Detailed IP traffic by device

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2012 1:43:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can download Wireshark here for free and capture the information by IP address.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Detailed IP traffic by device

2 of 3 (848 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2012 6:33:58 PM
(0)
Professor
With Wireshark, you may want to grab a Netgear GS-108T http://netgear.com/business/products/switches/smart-switches/smart-switches/GS108T.aspx# Just let Wireshark run for a couple of days on a computer that you do not mind leaving on to do the monitoring. Here is the site for Wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Detailed IP traffic by device

3 of 3 (817 Views)