MikeW1911's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 7:39 PM

what is the proper way to hard reset the 2wire 3600HGV router?

Hello,

I was wondering what the right way to hard reset the 2WIRE 3600HGV router is?

Thanks for responding

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Unplug the ac cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

There is no off switch for the RG.  The button on the back is a reset button, but to do a hard reset that will cause the software to be redownloaded into the RG it has to be powered off for at least 30 seconds.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

The easiest way is to go to the following page in the RG's settings:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_5_7

Use the button at the bottom of that page that says "Reset to Factory Default State".

You will need your RG's password to get into this settings page. The default password for your RG is printed on the white sticker on the outside of the unit.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

what is the small reset button on the back for, then?

Do I unplug the ac cable after switching the router off or does it not matter?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Haha, you're right. Thank you for the fast response!

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Yw.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry for the late update, but I unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds and then plugged it back in but the settings are still there! I thought everything in the memory would be wiped out.  Was there something else I missed?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Is that the exact same thing as a "hard reset"?  I've read somewhere that you can get viruses on your router, I'm trying to wipe everything off the router that I don't need just to be sure. Thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

A few routers based on DD-WRT or other Linux-derived code might be vulnerable to malware, but the 2Wire router has AT&T-proprietary firmware, so malware is not an issue.

A factory reset, hard reset, etc. are all the same thing. It's a reset of the router, clearing the existing configuration completely, and starting as if it just came out of the box.  This is opposed to a normal reset, restart, or reboot which does not clear the existing configuration.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

I'm really confused.  What if I do not wish to do a complete Factory Reset; I simply wish to do a Reboot of my gateway to see if that cures a couple of evasive snafus.  Someplace I thought I read to hold downt the reset button for up to 4 seconds..... but now I am confused if I should remove the DC power plug for 30 seconds.......... please help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.