Posted Jul 1, 2012
uverse lost signal

We've had UVerse TV and internet for 3+ years, but started getting daily 'Television signal has been lost' errors around May 1st this year. This impacts all TVs when it occurs.  Internet fails most of the time when the TV's fail.  Rebooting the DVR works most of the time.  Unplugging the router works when that fails, although occasionally does not.  Then we wait for ~1 hour and all is well.  This started to occur daily, but has been increasing in frequency lately.  Now we're up to 3 - 5 times a day.  

I've downloaded UV Realtime, but am not having luck posting images from it here.  Thanks for any help!

uverse lost signal

18 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

Insert images into a message on this forum using the icon that looks like a tree.  

Please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: uverse lost signal

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

Thanks for posting the screenshots.  The Error Table indicates some possible issues with your system.  Call Technical Support at the number shown in my signature.  They will run tests on your system to help identify the issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

Check and make sure all of the connections on your RG and STBs are tight, especially if you have a coax install.  Do a hard reboot of the RG and STBs by unplugging the ac cables for 30 seconds.  Then reconnect them.  Start with the RG and after it reboots go to the STBs.  If you are still seeing that problem contact TS using the phone number in my sig and ask the CSR to run a test on your system for errors.  If they see any request that a tech be sent out to check your installation.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

Tech is being disptched for tomorrow.  Thanks for your help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2012
(0)

Let us know how it turns out.  Good luck!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 6, 2012
(0)

Thanks for your help - Everyone I've spoken with or met has been really great from ATT.  I'm serious about that.  I'm still having trouble with our service, though.  

We've had interior visit #1 on July 1st.  He replaced the ends on all the coax, and replaced the gateway.  Intermittent problem remained just as frequest.  Interior visit #2 on 7/13.  He said we had a ton of line noise coming into the house and placed some kind of dampener on the outside to help.  No change in the intermittent problem frequency.  Interior home vist #3 on 8/3.  Nice guy.  He said the problem was outside and an outside line guy would need to make repairs.  Outside line guy #1 came on 8/4.  Issue seemed much better for a day, then actually got worse.  We're now out of TV and internet for ~45 minutes a day.  I'm calling to make another appointment now, and another tech is being dispatched - but I'm hoping for some suggestions?  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 16, 2012
(0)

We've had Uverse for 4 years, with th first 3 1/2 getting perfect reception for our TV and internet.  ~May 1st, 2012 we started getting 'Television signal is lost' and losing internet connection.  The Modem shows a red light for Broadband and nothing for service.  

I previously posted on the forums at:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/uverse-lost-signal/td-p/3244425

We've now had 4 techs come and work inside our house, and 2 work on the line outside, but the situation hasn't improved at all.  The last visit (outside ine guy) was early this week.  The folks all tell us that the problem is intermitten.  We get perfect signal for stretches of time, and then we get a ton of noise or bad signal from outside that stops internet and TV.  We've had:

• The ends of all the coax replaced
  • the modem replaced
  • switched from coax to LAN
  • had a 'damper' placed on the outside line to intercept some of the noise

Do you have any suggestions on what we can try next?  We're losing internet and TV for up to 90 minutes a day - either all at once, or having service go down every 2-3 minutes for a minute at a time.  The techs have all been working really hard, and are very nice, but can't seem to make any headway on this.  

I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

Paul

Intermittent Uverse Lost Signal - Any suggestions for help?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 20, 2012
(0)

Just got U-Verse a few months, lately have been getting lost signal. tv and internet go out for anywhere up to 3 minutes at a time.  If this problem keeps persisting I will have to change carriers since my husband relies on internet for his job.  This is intermittent during the day and night.  Seems like this happens to most people with u-verse.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 20, 2012
(0)

carolross975 wrote:

Just got U-Verse a few months, lately have been getting lost signal. tv and internet go out for anywhere up to 3 minutes at a time.  If this problem keeps persisting I will have to change carriers since my husband relies on internet for his job.  This is intermittent during the day and night.  Seems like this happens to most people with u-verse.

There are now over 4.3 million U-verse TV subscribers.  If anywhere near "most people with u-verse" had these problems, you wouldn't be able to keep up with the posts of people having issues.  It is much more likely for someone who has an issue with the service to post to these forums than for someone who has no issues to come here and post that fact.

If you are interested in troubleshooting your problem, then I'd suggest you go to www.UVrealtime.com, download, install and run SomeJoe7777's tool and post screenshots of the various tabs in a post to this forum.  We'll look over them and try to suggest a plan to get your situation fixed.

If you just wanted to complain, well, that's okay, too.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013
(0)

I have had the same problem.  I lose the signal frequently and get a message on the TV stating signal has been lost blah blah blah....    Internet goes out as well.  Sometimes it last a few moments and other times it lasts longer.  It can happen once  and up to multiple times a day.  I did have a tech out recently to the outside and was told the problem was fixed. The next day it was doing it again.  I have had ATT for over 4 years now.  At first they were great, but since 2012 the quality of service has gone down.  I am tired of talking to techs reading out of some manual to get my answers and no one seems to be able to get the problem resolved according to what I have read.  I am ready to ditch ATT and go with someone else. I would rather have slow service then intermittent no service.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013
(0)

mousemad, please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your situation.  Give them your account information and what has been done so far and the problems you're currently experiencing (or give them a link to your post here).

You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

We have also had all the above replaced plus new lines ran and have had no results. 32 phone calls, 8 tech visits, and I still can't watch TV or do anything on the internet, but I am assured that they will resolve it everytime I call. This last time I was promised a tech the following day and it was a no show. Person told me Thursday, but scheduled it for today. Still waiting on them to show up. I have lost my faith in ATT and their service. Buying my time while I shop around to see who else is out there.

Re: Intermittent Uverse Lost Signal - Any suggestions for help?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2013
(0)
Don't think posts like this are helpful.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2013
(0)

gblane wrote:
Don't think posts like this are helpful.

I don't think posts like this are helpful either.  Of course, I'm refering to your reply because I have no idea which part of this thread you don't think is helpful or why. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)

I have been having this intermittent problem since October when U-verse was installed. The router and the Wireless Access Point have been replaced with no change in the frequency of the interuption in service. The loss of connectivity appears to be related to the use of the internet, the computer or the smart phones are both connected wirelessly. The interuption appears to originate outside the router, since it is still accessible during the outages. I've been dealing with this problem for 4 months.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)

If you have a 2WIRE 3800 or 3801 router, please download UV Realtime, install it, run it and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots in the forum, create a new thread or reply to this post and use the Insert/Edit Image button (it looks like a tree) in the post editor. One of us will look at your information and let you know what we think.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)

Hi AliciaBx,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your services. Hopefully, you will be able to get your UV Realtime shots posted, but I will also have my team reach out to you, so we can further assist with this issue.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.