Posted Mar 9, 2013
can i watch my ip cameras on multiple uverse tv's

I have several ip surveillance cameras I want to view on uverse tv; ie while I'm watching tv, I can switch to a different channel to view the camera. I suppose this channel would map to the ip address of the ip camera.

can i watch my ip cameras on multiple uverse tv's

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013
(0)

Do you have a TV that is capable of watching an feed from an IP camera (probably MPEG)?  If so, maybe.  But you'll have to talk to the TV manufacturer about how to set that up.  Neither the AT&T U-verse STB nor the DVR are going to help you with this project.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: can i watch my ip cameras on multiple uverse tv's

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 9, 2013
(0)
You would only be able to, if you have a tv that is capable of PIP (Picture In Picture, or would have to use a Multiplexer http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/broadcasting/Multiplexer

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 13, 2013
(0)

I was hoping Uverse would have some sort of browser interface i could access from a particular tv channel, so I could enter my network ip camera address, and view it on any tv; just program that channel to that ip address; ie: enter 192.168.1.200 and have that mapped to a Uverse channel

Just like you would do on a pc using IE,  just enter the ip address of the camera in the address bar ie: 

but from what little uverse tells me, they don't allow that.

I believe channel 91 is for Flickr, so they do allow for some internet access; but only to that one website/account.

You're right; I won't get any help from Uverse related to their dvr's on this,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 13, 2013
(0)
That would be something that Microsoft would have had to written into the code for the platform that runs on the boxes, not ATT.

The Muxe (multiplexer) switches are what the majority that do this stufe use, or use dedicated monitors for the viewing of cameras, or a computer.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 13, 2013
(0)

wd2435 wrote:

I was hoping Uverse would have some sort of browser interface i could access from a particular tv channel, so I could enter my network ip camera address, and view it on any tv; just program that channel to that ip address; ie: enter 192.168.1.200 and have that mapped to a Uverse channel

Just like you would do on a pc using IE,  just enter the ip address of the camera in the address bar ie: 

but from what little uverse tells me, they don't allow that.

I believe channel 91 is for Flickr, so they do allow for some internet access; but only to that one website/account.

You're right; I won't get any help from Uverse related to their dvr's on this,

You are asking alot of a TV provider.  Do any providers (Time Warner, Comcast, Dish and so on) offer such viewing options?   Now, that being said, I'm sure that the powers that be at AT&T could make it happen.  But, at what cost?  I could see them offering a channel to view security cameras but I bet that it would be their cameras, their service, their price!

I have long wanted (since 2008) a built in web browser for U-Verse TV.  Then I could see the latest static image of my local NWS weather radar and you could see the latest static image of your IP camera.

I don't know much about scripting and macros but (thinking aloud) could your security camera software be configured to automatically upload the latest camera captures to Flickr and you could watch them on Channel 91?

I do not own IP cameras but if I did, I would buy generic 7-8" Android Tablets, put a few around the house and check on your cameras, at will.  Good Luck.

To gregzoll_1: How do we know that Microsoft doesn't have that functionality(web browser and/or viewing a camera via IP)  built in and AT&T just chooses not to implement?  I would really like to get an honest, independent look at what Mediaroom can do and what AT&T has chosen not to offer.  We already know that MS has said that a PC could function as a STB.  Maybe somebody has a MS MR feature matrix, lol.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 9, 2013
(0)

Easiest would be to display them on a PC desktop (running CCTV software such such as zoneminder), and modulate the PC desktop. Only other way I can think of is by investing an expensive CCTV DVR which supports IP cameras, since most DVR's can render the console via BNC/VGA/DVI/COMPOSITE out.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 9, 2013
(0)
kathiny, dhascall
Could you look at my post "connect cctv camera to u-verse tv" I think I have the same type of problem but on a bigger scale. You and some other contributors to this posting might have some of the expertize I am looking for.
Regards,
despns1771