willthetech's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, March 2nd, 2012 6:26 PM

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts.

Xbox live giving me an error 80072741 - happening to my 2 xboxs in my house with different accounts. All of my other friends are not having this issue, just me...it was working fine last week.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Try setting your xbox's DNS servers in network settings to:

8.8.8.8 for primary

&

8.8.4.4 for secondary

I had this issue for weeks and it solved it.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

See the Microsoft support article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960116

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

@Texasguy - thanks for the advised but I did all this. I have a 2eire 3801 gateway and i followed all of the sugestions on this forum to make it bridge. everything was woreking fine a vouple of weeks ago but now i get this error. I made a video to show what the error is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWt20BHVjA&list=UUW5go7M4dzHDn7djtTexdcQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I i think there is something getting blocked at the AT&T side... not sure...:(

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Ok, I see.  You didn't mention any troubleshooting steps already taken in your first post so I didn't know what, if anything that you have done to attempt to resolve the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the EXACT same symptoms.

Have you found any resolutions?  I have a open ticket with Xbox LIVE as well.  No movement there yet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks ikcastillo it worked for me

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had the same exact error and changing the DNS didn't help, I fixed it by doing this:

1. In the Xbox console give yourself a static IP, you can leave the DNS at DHCP or Dynamic (I suggest making it the same as the dynamically assigned one to avoid conflict).
2. In the Router delete/disable any port forwarding rules and/or triggers for that IP.
3. In the Router enable DMZ and add your static IP to it.

NOTE: You can leave your firewall enabled in the router.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.