seang8gt's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 9:11 PM

Uverse-Motorola NVG589 - 2 XBOX consoles on one Network - AND an OPEN NAT ??? possible or not???

Looking for a solution to maintain OPEN NAT for both XBOX 360 consoles.

Equipment list:

• XBOX Console  (x2)
  • ATT/Uverse Fiber Optic internet service
  • Motorola NVG589

I've literally tried all kinds of settings adjustments within the router, port forward, DMZ, opening the Synonomous "XBOX ports" 3074-88-80-53 ... seriously.  I've seen almost every crazy method except for the fact that most articles/blogs/posts are discussing OPEN NAT for ONE XBOX console, not 2. 

The only "solution" I haven't tried yet and am reluctant to try becuase it involves spending money is to convert the NVG589 to modem, then Cascade anouther router to be the actual router.  DON"T want to do that and am hoping someone has a solution ...

Please don't respond if your solution is to do Port forward or Open Ports 3074-88-80-53 or any other ports beucase I've already tried and that is not successful solution.  When you open specific ports most routers require those specific configuratoins to be assigned to on specific Devise - i.e. a laptop, xbox, etc.

Looking for a method of opening all incoming ports for multiple/specific devices - or just all of them.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Does anyone know how to do this with the Belkin N750?

I just happen to have one. I tried the pass-through for one xbox and allacate the other and of course it didnt work. In fact it wouldnt go online to live with both settings being used on live. It would go live if the network on the xbox was set to auto but not manual.

If someone coluld tell me what step to start with and then the next step as in what router to do what to first would be great.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry i for got to tell that i am using a Netgear 1gb Port switch also because i like to run eithernet to my xboxes and computers. I also play WOW (AKA World of Warcraft). I'm trying to list all the things that may interfer with the setup so that i get the proper advice from someone.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

There are only 2 ways to get OpenNAT for two different devices with one configuration:

1) Obtain a static address block from AT&T so that you can have multiple external addresses.

2) Obtain a router that has the UPnP feature and place it in DMZplus/IP Passthrough mode behind the RG.

Pick one of these.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have a belkin n 750 that has UPnP on it. I just plug my router into the att one thats hoocked up already?  Do i need to casecasde the att router? If so i know how to turn the cascade on but dont realy understand hot to set it up from there. After that do i go in my router and put it in dmz mode for one box then ip pass for the other? I should menthion that i know nothing about UPnP but do know how to turn it on with the belkin. Lol i guess i need a step bye step guide cause i dont want to spend 5 hrs doing it and not figure it out.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

You connect the WAN port of your router to a LAN port of the RG.  Configure your router in DMZplus/IP Passthrough using the RG configuration pages.  This means that the traffic between router and the RG is nearly unmolested; your router can perform NAT and UPnP operations without worrying about the RG.

Then you connect both of your consoles wirelessly or via LAN ports to your router.  Your router opens ports to make your games say "NAT type: Open" (which is a term gaming software/consoles invented which has no basis in actual networking terminology).

see post 2 in this thread for a little more information.  There's also a very good post around that goes step by step with screenshots for configuring the NVG 589.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

On the Belkin N750 do I Dmzing one of the Xboxes or the router itself? Like my belkin default is 192.168.2.1. Is this the Dmz ip I need?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Man maybe I should go back to Metronet. Never had any of these problems. Also had fiber optic network with 50 down 25 up and it wasn't no more then At&t.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I just went with the static ip block. I could'nt get the bridge to preform right all the time. I will have to figure out how to setup static ips on NVG 589 and the Xboxes as well. Have read a couple things but still not clear on the process.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We have 2 XBOX ONE consoles and have also been having all kinds of troublewith NAT not staying opened, can't join other players in multi-player gaming, UPnP issues, etc.  After AT&T sent a tech to our house TWICE, plus numerous chat and phone call tech support sessions over the course of MANY months, not to mention all the time we spent googling for solution and trying anything and everything to no avail...FINALLY someone at AT&T was honest with us and told us that AT&T cannot handle and does not support multiple gaming consoles, doesn't matter what type of console, PS4 or Xbox, etc.  So if you have AT&T you can only have ONE gaming console. PERIOD.  If you have more than 1 you need to switch internet service providers.    I am beyond upset at the countless hours, fights, stress, aggravation, time spent troubleshooting....all lost.  AT&T shame on you for not telling people up front that you can't support multiple gaming consoles and that prospective or current customers who wish to game and have more than 1 console cannot obtain service from you.  You are making as much money as you can, when you know darn well you cannot support multiple consoles.  What you are doing is wrong.  The tech who came to our house twice should have been informed.  The initial install tech should have been informed...and all your employees on chat and phone...this should be common knowledge to AT&T employees that AT&T cannot support multiple consoles and should be advised not to sell AT&T services to people with multiple consoles AND the employees should be directed to ask the question of prospective customers, because we customers assume your service can handle multiple devices, period.  Shame, shame, shame for making money off us and causing us stress. Be honest AT&T.  Pony up and do the right thing.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

@pheynix wrote:

... So if you have AT&T you can only have ONE gaming console. PERIOD.  If you have more than 1 you need to switch internet service providers. ...

That is inaccurate.  If you do not do one of the things listed in the other replies to this post in front of yours, THEN you can only have one gaming console.  But there are multiple ways around that.  Depending on the equipment that you use with another ISP, you could have the exact same issue there. 

AT&T's gateway doesn't support UPnP, which is an insecure protocol.  That is a true statement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.