tavasko's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 1:38 AM

Uverse Freezes and looses signal often

I have had Uverse for 5 years now, for the first 4 years the system has work flawlessly. In the past 12 months my services has been terrible, it TV freezes, looses signal, etc. I have the gateway replaced 3 times, the DVR replaced 3 times. We have nit changed anything on the network, two tv cat 5, rest are coax. Internet/phone work great. 

In addition to the freezing, recorded shoes are often blocky, and unwatchable.

The last technician told my wife we are to far from the main hub??? We are in a new subdivision, believe it or not I am considering going back to Comcast at least then I could understand the problems, ATT Uverse has just degraded over time.

Can any one help Me, i a tired of installing boxes.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
Probably is like going to Vegas and betting $500 grand on Red at the Roulette, and hoping you win.

I personally think that the OP may be at the limits for where they are located, and unless the techs come out and hook up the iNID and do the pair bonding,or test to even see if pair bonding will even give them any kind of service besides just low end Internet, we just have to wait and see for their reply as to what the tech states, when they check things out.

OP said he had satisfactory service for a long time.  I'm thinking pair bonding is a likely solution.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

3000' is well withing the range for pair bonding with an iNid.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

oufanindallas is correct 3000 feet is well within the working distance of iNID service.

tavasko:

if you are too far and the solution is to switch to a bonded pair profile an iNID will have to be installed.  most likely a new install ticket will be created rather than a repair ticket.  this fact has more to do with at&t record keeping than anything else.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

11 years ago

Google for UVRealtime app and download and run it on your PC. It will give us great stats from your Uverse RG.

Post screenshots from the 1,2, and 4th tabs

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Ok will give a try

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

I was having that problem for several months.  Recently contacted  AT&TCustomerCare and gave them my information.  They contacted and and scheduled a tech to check my install.  It was determined that the problem was not inside my home so an line tech was sent out.  I wasn't home when he arrived but he did the work outside of my home for several hours.  Since then my services are flawless again.  I recommend you contact Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than Customer Support.  Watch the blue envelope for message notification because they will reply to you via PM as well.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks I will give that I try

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

3-8-2013 12-33-07 AM.png

I get this error trying to run UV Realtime

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

SomeJoe777 posted how to get through that error on Windows 8. What you have to do is let compatible load it, then tell it you want it to run in Windows XP mode.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

tavasko,

Thanks for sending us a PM.  I have notified one of our Social Media Managers and they will be in contact with you soon.

–Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.