bauwls's profile

Guru

• 

428 Messages

Monday, August 6th, 2012 3:10 AM

Profile Upgrade 25Mbps to 35Mbps

First of all, I'd like to personally thank SomeJoe for the easy-to-use U-verse Realtime. The issue that I'm having is minor, however I'd appreciate the ability to have 3/4 HD streams not limit the bandwidth of the 12Mbps internet. Tonight I'm using 3HD streams and it dips my internet from it's standard 12Mbps download to about 7-8Mbps. When I turn off a stream, the download hops back up to 12Mbps (approx).

With being <1000ft from VRAD and no apparent line issues (had the massive historical FEC dump corrected by a prem tech who terminated the BB line running to other jacks) I believe I would be eligible for a 32Mbps profile. Who would I contact, via the forums, to change a 25Mbps/3Mbps profile to 32Mbps/5Mbps profile?

IP/Profile

BitLoading

Error TableInterfaces

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

428 Messages

12 years ago

It took a few days, however Robert (one of Alex's contacts I'd assume) got a manager onboard to make the changes. I'm now on a 32,342/5,040 profile.

I also noticed that this fixed my issue with slow download as a result of saturated upload caused by too much seeding.

Just thought I'd give an update to all of you. Thanks for the help!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Call Technical Support at the number shown in my signature.  You may need to speak to a Tier 2 agent.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your prompt response texasguy37. I spoke with 3 different Tier 2 associates before posting. They did not seemed trained on how to upgrade profiles and suggested that a technician needed to come to my residence to verify and complete the profile upgrades.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

@bauwls wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response texasguy37. I spoke with 3 different Tier 2 associates before posting. They did not seemed trained on how to upgrade profiles and suggested that a technician needed to come to my residence to verify and complete the profile upgrades.

The Tier 2 agent is correct in saying a tech needs to go out to verify the profile upgrade is possible.  The reasoning being that for some reason your line is on a 25 Mbps profile, might be due to the issues in the house they lowered the profile or it could be because you are too close that sometimes they need to turn the profile down to help maintain your service.  The other reason for needing a dispatch is they want testing done on the line after the profile change to make sure the line will be stable.  As for how the dispatch gets created, usually they have to create one and then it can be reviewed for upgrade.  I would second the recommendation to speak to Alex as he can put the information in front of the correct people. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

It also looks like you've got some issues in the upload band ~3.75 - 5.2 MHz. Decreased upload capability will restrict donwload capability. So it could be that they can't increase your download because they can't increase your upload. If they can eliminate the interference in the upload frequencies they should be able to bump your profile up. Looks like a job for I&R, might be a bridge tap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, the upload band shows some issues, and that may indeed be why they put him on 25/2 to begin with.

If they can find what's going on there in the upload band (bridge tap, grounding, etc.) and get rid of it, then 32/5 should be no problem. He's only 800' from the VRAD so this shouldn't be too hard to clean up.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll shoot a PM to Alex today and send some feedback to let you guys know the resolution (hopefully a direct I&R dispatch).

... and i just realized that I put 35Mbps in the title instead of 32Mbps (facepalm)

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@bauwls wrote:
It took a few days, however Robert (one of Alex's contacts I'd assume) got a manager onboard to make the changes. I'm now on a 32,342/5,040 profile.

I also noticed that this fixed my issue with slow download as a result of saturated upload caused by too much seeding.

Just thought I'd give an update to all of you. Thanks for the help!

Happy to be of assistance.

Thanks for the update, and glad you were able to get things resolved. Did they clean up the interference on the upload band.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.