Posted Dec 10, 2013
My UVerse Horror Story

My story begins in October 2013 with many many calls to ATT Technical Support. At the time, I had DSL, while I had numerous issues, speaking with either Customer Service or Technical Support was an absolute nightmare. My final call with DSL Technical Support ended with me having to purchase another modem as my DSL modem was apparently old and not functioning. So I purchased a new modem. Days later I received the new modem. Figuring I had been without service for so long, a few more days to install the new modem on the weekend would not hurt. Before I could get the new modem installed, I received notification from ATT that in order to continue service, I would need to change over to UVERSE, pay for another modem and do so immediately. So I change over, pay for another modem and wait until after 8 pm the day of my "install" to have internet. After many many calls, several hours on the phone with Technical Support, my "new" uverse modem is bad! So, they offer to send out a technician. Days later, two ATT technicians show up at my house, where they proceeed to tell me how crappy the service is with ATT how they wished it was still Bellsouth. One technician seemingly being concerned and the other one.....well he was busy downloading programs to my computer without my knowledge or consent. They finally tell me, "This is as good as it is going to get". Considering I have several accounts that are internet based, I have no alternative but to be at the ungracious mercy of the ATT god. Today, December 10, 2013, my service is down again. I have reset, rebooted, cleared the cache, stood on my head all to no avail. Contacting Customer Service/Technical Support results in another visit from the "techs" which means I have to take off from work again. Will this nightmare never end!?!?!?!

My UVerse Horror Story

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013
(0)

Hello, cmcintosh1214!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with your new U-verse service. I understand how frustrating it is to be without internet for any amount of time. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get your internet up and running as quickly as possible.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My UVerse Horror Story

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013
(0)

the nightmare will not end. mine is not as bad, but online support and ground support cannot agree on anything--and all customer service does is repeat my questions back to me. no one at ATT  acutally seems to understand computers, networks, or telecommunications technology

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2013
(0)

Hello, stuckwithinadequate!

Was there a particular issue we could help you with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who would be more than happy to assist.

If your issue is account specific, you can always send us a private message by clicking here. If you send us a message, please provide your name and contact information.

For help with the technical side of all things U-verse, you can send a private message using this link. This team will also need your name and contact information.

This is not the Customer Care you've worked with over the phone; this is a dedicated team that only handles issues from the forums.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2013
(0)

I was connected to the 2nd Tier Paterfamilias of Tech Support for Uverse where I spent a glorious hour explaining over and over what the issue was only to be treated with disrespect as usual. I now have to wait until Saturday for a technician that may or may not show and may or may not know how to fix it. Hopefully it’s not the last incapable techs they sent! I complained on them because one of them downloaded programs to my computer while the other distracted me with his tale of “how bad is your employer”, then told me "it’s as good as it gets" and how they hate to work for ATT and how they wish it was still Bellsouth. I am being charged for the 3rd replacement modem when I should not be charged for. Credits that have never been applied to my account and oh the many many names of people I have spoken to....20 different members of the infamous 2nd Tier Support, but the best call was yesterday when I finally got a Supervisor who sounded like they were under the influence of something and ended up calling back in to verify everything what the Supervisor said they were going to do, only to be told that “Oh no, I’m sorry you were told wrong, Policy states when you have an issue like this to send an inside technician not an outside technician, let me look up who created this, then she said, I’m sorry I cannot change this because you spoke to my supervisor, she has worked here longer than me and I will not step on her toes, even though she was wrong!!!

I have been instructed to make sure that I have all the names, times I called, length of call, description of call. I have proof of the credits in the printed chats. It is unreal and the bad thing is, they know they have you because of the monopoly of service they have created in my area, there are no other providers unless you go to satellite. So all I can do is vent for now, complain, moan, groan, and even cry. At least for now………………………

[Please keep it courteous]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2013
(0)

cmcintosh, if this weekends technician visit doesn't resolve all of your issues, I'd recommend you click on one of the links in the post above yours to get you connected to the escalation teams that should be able to get you to the end of your journey.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2013
(0)

I would have to agree i have been dealing with issues for over 2 years I am finally at the point of canceling today after a EXECUTIVE DISPATCH provided no results to my issue. Hopeuflly your internet gets worked out so you dont pull your hair out like me

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)
Technician was a No Call No Show.....I have been dealing with the escalations team up to this point with no resolution or sincere care from anyone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Unfortunately no. The tech was a no call no show.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

cmcintosh1214 wrote:
Technician was a No Call No Show.....I have been dealing with the escalations team up to this point with no resolution or sincere care from anyone.

Really?  That's very unusual.  How did you get to this escalations team?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Hi, cmcintosh1214!

I'm sorry to hear that your tech did not show up. I did check, and I don't see any private messages sent to our escalation team. I encourage you to send us a private message using this link so we can help.

This is not the same customer care you've been in touch with over the phone. This is a dedicated team that only handles escalations from the forums, and they will work very hard to resolve your issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Ah.....only works from the forums.....and thats supposed to be better than calling?!?! Since I have access where I am at now, lets try pulling up the FCC's website and see what it says.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

cmcintosh1214 wrote:

Ah.....only works from the forums.....and thats supposed to be better than calling?!?! Since I have access where I am at now, lets try pulling up the FCC's website and see what it says.

In my experience it is.  Whether it should be or not is a whole different story.  I guess the question is whether you'd like to take advantage of an escalation route with a track record of success or cling to a method that hasn't been working for you and continue to complain about that fact.  Your choice.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Wow....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Message has been sent to the Escalation Forum watchers. we will see how they handle this.....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

No Response from them as of yet. No technician again today.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

When I post those links, I do normally warn people that it can day a business day or more to get a response.  They get processed first in, first out, so if you send the PM Monday morning, it will take longer than it would on Wednesday morning because of the backlog PM's from the weekend.

You should hear from them before lunch tomorrow, if not today.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 16, 2013
(0)

Hello cmcintosh1214,

We apologize about your service interruption and the recent trouble with your installation. We have received your private message and look forward to helping you restore your services and resolve any issues with your account. We replied to your private message to gather a few more details about your account.

Thank you,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, we recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.