chevmech's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 1st, 2014 2:44 PM

How do I enable WPS on NVG 589?

I'm trying to hook up a video camera baby monitor to my home network. where is the WPS button on the router?  There is a button on the front of the unit.  is that what I need?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Uuuh I pushed the button and a red light came on.  Nothing happened on the camera.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

You need to turn the WPS on. To do this enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser address line and press enter. This will take you to the ATT setup pages for the router. Under home network, select wireless. You will probably be asked to enter you Device Access Code (it is on one of the labels on your router). When the wireless control page appears look for a button which turns the WPS off/on. Turn on WPS and save. Good Luck. I am trying to get a Sony TV to connect to the router, with no luck.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@dhartsfield wrote:

You need to turn the WPS on. To do this enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser address line and press enter. This will take you to the ATT setup pages for the router. Under home network, select wireless. You will probably be asked to enter you Device Access Code (it is on one of the labels on your router). When the wireless control page appears look for a button which turns the WPS off/on. Turn on WPS and save. Good Luck. I am trying to get a Sony TV to connect to the router, with no luck.

See the SomeJoe post:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/ and find the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password. The default password for your RG is printed on a sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV and NVG589/510) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.