Posted Nov 12, 2012
5:00:51 PM
Highest Max Line Rate?

I'm curious, with the new plans coming soon for higher tiers I was wondering what is the highest max line rate you guys have seen for U-verse? I think I once saw someone post a link of about 80 or so Mbps on a close pair bonding :smileysurprised:.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 12, 2012 8:28:08 PM
(0)
Expert
I have a few iNIDs in the UV Realtime database where the combination of both lines is over 100 Mbps.

The highest I have on a single-line setup is about 70 Mbps.

Remember that max rates are raw rates. User-available rates after error correction can be a maximum of about 80% of this value.
Accepted Solution

Highest Max Line Rate?

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012 6:39:13 PM
(0)
Professor
18 for some, 24 for others for Internet.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Highest Max Line Rate?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2012 7:19:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar
I think you may be mistaken. I'm talking about line rates not speed tiers.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 12, 2012 8:28:08 PM
(0)
Expert
I have a few iNIDs in the UV Realtime database where the combination of both lines is over 100 Mbps.

The highest I have on a single-line setup is about 70 Mbps.

Remember that max rates are raw rates. User-available rates after error correction can be a maximum of about 80% of this value.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2012 5:42:45 AM
(0)
Professor
It will not matter, due to it will not make your tv picture any better, or your Internet any faster. There is a limit to what each can do.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2012 11:45:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A few years ago, I had a max rate of 114M for about 3-4 months after a power outage and ended after another power outage. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 26, 2013 8:15:53 AM
(0)
Employee

110M on an 1850 ft INID, each pair had 55M, great thing they still only had 25M profile, 18M internet.

Like having a car that can do 140, with a tamper proof regulator that will not allow exceed 65mph speed limit.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.