orrml04's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 26th, 2012 1:08 AM

Firmware update for Motorola nvg510

Any one know when a firmware update will be available for the motorola nvg510. It's very frustrating piece of ###. The constant robbing of my browsers home page (Firefox and IE) because the device can't keep connection to the DNS servers 99.99.99.53 and 153. It has gotten very annoying. Does anyone have any ideas how to keep the stupid thing from hijacking my home page url ???   "http://www.google.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha" (this takes me to a bogus error message about phone lines)  takes a lot of wrangling to get it away from the device..

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@mabsie wrote:
I am having the same problem over and over >>>>Error message http://www .(google and other sites) .com/cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha. Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902).

The solution to this very annoying problem is to clear your browser cache. 

In Firefox options, go to the "Advanced" tab, then the "Network" tab, then under "Cached Web Content" click the button that says "Clear Now."   I always make sure to first navigate to some web page that loads correctly, though I'm not sure if this is necessary.

In IE options, go to the "General" tab, then under "Browsing History" click the Delete button, then make sure that "Temporary Internet Files" is checked, then click "Delete."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

AT&T is not the old AT&T. It's hard to image a network company ever spec'ing network software like AT&T has done with all of their U-Verse devices. This device is being pushed into businesses as a network solution and it does not allow one to disable it's lame DHCP so that a business network can be configure on the business side(private network).

I have worked with both the 2Wire device and the Motorola NVG510 device and both were software spec'ed by AT&T to not allow for private network configuration for a business, yes you can put another router behind these devices but they don't even offer standard bridge configuration. To top it off the NVG510 seems to drop network connections or like other viewers here are seeing fail to resolve DNS connections. To test this device I was testing with streaming sites, like Netflixs and the device will just pause for a bit... This can look like DNS issues since the TCP IP request appears to be dropped.

It appears that AT&T is phasing out the old DSL modems in favor of these u-verse modems but there are serious reliability issues with the two devices I have been testing... anyone have any better luck? I have tested both in Raleigh, NC & Charleston, SC. It's almost impossible to run a business with these devices, I have to tell my clients that they have to keep reissuing their web request either by restarting the browsers or any means possible.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

The only way to fix the modem itself is to root inside of the modem. Unfortunately, due to how AT&T setup the forum's policies, I can't link or post any instructions on how to root. Though it is just a simple 1-line change. Googling 'root nvg510' should do the trick 😉

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am SOOO glad I found this fourm and others like it. Have uVerse and a wonderful NVG510. Yep it goes down daily and AT&T support is beyond worthless. They had my Wife convinced that the reason we were having issues a few days ago was beacouse we did not use the Yellow Cat 5 that came with the unit to connect up to our network (I used a black Cat5e - silly me). Honestly, where do they get these clowns? Glad to know I am not alone. Guess I will just restart the NVG510 daily until AT&T actualy admits they have issues with the NVG 510 modems and issues a software patch of some sort.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This might seem odd, but the error message I got said something about line filters.  I re-installed my old DSL line filters.  No problems anymore. 

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hey I dont know if anyone is still finding this thread as they search for a fix but I just wanted to leave this just incase it can help someone else. This video will tell you how to enable telnet and disable the redirect with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_O6rus8Yqw

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I switched over from using  a 2Wire modem to a Motorola NVG510 and am having my Internet fall offline about every four to six hours , a technician came out yesterday and the first thing he told me was that modem has firmware issues and both AT&T & Motorola now about it, The problem I believe is the Motorola modem was designed for Fiber optics lines only and not copper wires like in my area. AT&T and Motorola should man up and admit this problem and propose a fix rI called them tonight and AT&T is sending me anothermodem we will see what happens. next No doubt about it.Just do a google search for Motorola NVG510 and read what you see.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Is there a way to program this modem or put it in bridge mode so that it works only as a modem and not a router ? So that I can use my Linksys Router instead ?

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

The only true issue with the NVG510 is the sensitive error messages (NAD2902 specifically). If your connection is dropping multiple times a day, the technician was wrong. There is actually a 1-line code change once you root inside the modem to turn off the error messages. If you're content with your internet minus the error messages, then do some research on NVG 510 rooting to fix. Its against the community guidelines to post the fix and I've had those posts removed numerous times.

Bottom line is the NAD2902 points towards real service issues you may not have been aware existed when you had the 2Wire RG beforehand. You can disable the error message OR get a technician (sometimes it takes a few) to fix the service issues.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Why is it against the rules to post the fix on this forum that makes no sense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.