For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Undecked's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, August 17th, 2013 5:55 PM

At&t uverse green data cable

so the one at&t provided broke and i recently bought a belkin high speed rj11 cable (http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-High-Speed-Internet-Modem-Cable/dp/B00004Z5LZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376761992&sr=8-1&keywords=rj11+internet+cable) the problem is that when i plug it in to the wall jack it doesnt secure and then loosens and i lose connection. this didnt happen with my at&t green cable. So i was wondering is there a way to recieve another cable from at&t or any similar item that i can get?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Undecked - Can you tell if it is the jack or the plug that is bad ?? Try the cable end plug in another RJ-11 jack. Do you have a tel cord try it in the wall jack. Seems like if the previous wire broke it may have affected the jack. You can easily get a replacement wall plate. I saw one in the hardware store closeout. If the new wire is bad you can rturn it. Probably not worth it. Maybe they would end you a new one.

Maybe just make sure the tab is in the right posytion & clicks in place. If you need a new wall jack, you might go for an RJ-45 because it is easier to find a cable.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

it maybe the wall jack because i got 3 jacks in home and 2 of them worked i hear the click noise when i plug in the rj11. i currently now use my jack upstairs as there is no issues when i plug in but downstairs the 2 wire would go red solid then green flashing and back to red. The flashing happens at broadband

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

switched the wall jack and eveything works perfect now thanks for the help 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.