Posted Aug 7, 2013
9:09:05 AM
View profile
remote code denon 1612

Johnie, or anyone. I'm new to this community and would like to have a AT&T remote control the volume on my Denon 1612.

I have a S10-S3 I have used all the codes on the remote codes card provided by AT&T. I can turn off and on my AVR 1612 using 5 of Denon

codes on the card. However I can't control the volume. My old providers Dish and Cox had the code to make their remotes work the volume on my Denon 1612. It's been 2 weeks I'm using 2 remotes you know that blows to have to have 2 remotes to control the sound.

I used every code on remote control program card and I can only turn the Denon off and on. I want to control the volume. I appreciate anyone that can figure this out. Is the silver remote different?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 11, 2014 9:16:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
dk74OSU - How did you get a code? If you used the search method, you may have an incomplete code. You need to go past that one & keep going to find a complete one.

If you have code numbers, try others.

What is the volume control doing? Nothing or the TV?

What did you do - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - aux -enter (bottom right).
That should make the aux always the volume control. Leave out the aux & the volume control follows the mode button.

If you cannot get vol control on the Denon you can set the STB to 15 & the TV & Denon to comfortable level & vary the STB volume.

You can get this remote or go for Logitech Harmony - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

remote code denon 1612

23 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 9:23:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't believe there is any way to control the volume like your wanting to do.  I have a two surround systems and one of them I can't control the volume with the U-verse.  It only powers on and off like yours.  The other one in my living room is a Sony with a Sony TV that has Bravia Sync so when I turn on the TV with the U-verse remote it turns on the TV and the receiver sees the TV on so it powers on.  Then the TV automatically switches to external speaker since it knows the receiver is on.  At that point I can control the volume because the TV tells the receiver to increase the volume when I use the volume control on the U-verse remote.

Hope that makes sense.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: remote code denon 1612

2 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 9:25:32 AM
(0)
Employee

tatusd  we will be more than happy to help  you into locating a remote control code that will work for you.   We will get your product information in order to reach a resolution for your product. Also one of our ACEs may be able to post an answer if available while we research this information for you.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 11:23:05 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello tatusd, I would recommend using the Automatic Search Setup to program the U-verse remote and your Denon receiver. I do not have a way to confirm our remote control would operate all functions on your receiver but it is definitely worth trying. If you are able to get the Denon receiver to turn off during these instructions but cannot get additional functions working I would recommend continuing to press the FF button until your receiver turns off again then check for those functions again.

Automatic Search Setup

This Search method scans through all of the codes to find the one that works with your equipment. If this method is unsuccessful, refer to the Manual method using codes for each equipment manufacturer.

1. Turn on the equipment you want to program such as the TV, DVD player, or auxiliary equipment.
  2. Point the remote control at the device.
  3. Press and hold the Mode key (TV, DVD, or AUX) to program.
  4. Without releasing the selected Mode key, press and hold the OK key simultaneously.
  5. Release both the Mode key and the OK key at the same time. All the Mode keys flash twice, indicating programming mode.
    • You have 10 seconds to start the next step.
    • If interrupted during the programming steps, the remote control may timeout before you complete programming and you must restart the process. A red flash on the mode keys indicates an error.
  6. Enter code 922 using the number keys on the remote control. The selected Mode key flashes twice, indicating correct entry.
  7. For TV or DVD modes, press and release the PLAY key.
    • For the AUX mode only, press and release the PLAY key, then press:
      • 1 for VCR
      • 2 for Receiver/Tuner
      • 3 for Amplifier
      • 4 for Home Theater In The Box (HTIB)
      The AUX mode key flashes twice, indicating correct entry.
  8. Press the FF button multiple times until the device turns off.
  9. Press the ENTER key (bottom right) to complete programming the remote.
  10. Turn the device back on using the remote control. If this does not work, start over or try the manual setup with the manufacturer code.

Note:Press the appropriate Mode key on the remote control to work with the selected device. To use the remote control for the AT&T U-verse TV receiver, press the AT&T Mode key.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:36:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am sorry these instructions do not make sense.

5 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:37:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

It's a Denon 1612

6 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 8:40:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

If no AT&T remotes will work can you suggest a remote that would work. Dish and Cox remotes both

Control volume on Denon 1612

Having 2 remotes blows!

7 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 3:24:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This one will work: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-remote-650?crid=60

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

8 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 3:54:25 PM
(0)
Community Support

Here's a video link explaining how to do the auto search method

http://www.att.com/media/gvp/ATT_GlobalVideoPlayer_640x480_2.2.3.swf?configXml=http://www.att.com/me...

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

9 of 24 (3,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 6:15:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

Auto only finds the code to turn

It on and off. NO VOlume!

Unless someone can solve this,

I will buy the super cool 70$ remote. As long as its works u verse features. Wonder if the AT&T silver remote would work?

10 of 24 (3,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 6:39:20 PM
(0)
Community Support

The silver remote is our older remote. Sadly, it will not work. To my knowledge, the black remote is our newer remote, and has all the codes of the silver remote, including some additional codes. I apologize our remote does not seem to be compatible with this receiver. We try to get as many codes in there as possible, but when we develop the remotes, our primary function is to get as many TVs working as possible, so sometimes we see receivers, VCRs, and other devices not fully function with our remote.

11 of 24 (3,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 4:54:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tatusd I'm afraid the harmony remote is going to be your only option........

12 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 3:00:50 PM
(0)
Community Support

I have done some additional research and was able to find a list of remotes that we have confirmed working with our U-verse STBs. I can say that a Logitech harmony remote definitely works, as I have actually used one of those.

Radio Shack

Model 15134: 5in1 Satellite Pro Universal Remote

Model HDPRO: 7in1 Universal HD Remote Control

Model 15133: 5in1Universal Gamer Remote

Logitech

Model 520: Harmony Remote Control

Model 550: Harmony Remote Control

Model 670: Harmony Remote Control

Model 880: Harmony Remote Control

Model 890: Harmony Remote Control

Model 1000: Harmony Remote Control

Philips

Model TSU3000: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU3500: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9200: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9400: Pronto Remote Control

Model TSU9600: Pronto Remote Control

Model SRU8008: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU8010: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU8015: Prestigo Remote Control

Model SRU9600: Prestigo Remote Control

Also, it is assumed that any remote with a learning functionality will work.

13 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 8:46:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you

So the Logitech harmony does it all the At&T DVR and featured apps etc?

14 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 11:17:14 AM
(0)
Community Support

I have had no problems with all the main remote features on the Logitech Harmony remote. When it comes to the Apps associated with it, I am not sure how some of the more advanced Harmony remotes work, but I can only assume they were not meant to work with them fully, but you will still have full access to them and will be able to operate them as if you were using the U-verse remote. Even though some of the remotes have an onscreen display, I do not think it will be able to act as an iPad would when it comes to handling our Apps.

15 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 2:48:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks again David

Logitech programming remote on line looks like the way to go. I will have one remote according to beebeesa that will control volume of Denon. Harmony will control DVR FF and jump on DVR correct? Is that what you are calling STB? The STB's are the DVR AT&T box? I guess I could always buy then return if it doesn't do what I want. This is still frustrating that the AT&T remote will not control volume on Denon 1612. Like I said at beginning of this is AT&T needs to make the remote work. Dish and Cox do! I like U Verse so far. Crazy remote thing and buying a super Logitech remote that looks very cool still a bit discouraging if you know what I mean. Thanks again to everyone in this thread

Hope this helps out others.

16 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 4:06:15 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi tatusd,

Sorry about the confusing terms, but yes, I was calling the DVR the STB (Set Top Box).

17 of 24 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 9:03:22 AM
(0)
Voyager

My black S10 will bring up the denon AVR 991 remote commands on my tv screen, but the S10 volume rocker switch has no impact on volume. I have used the advanced feature setup of the S10 to send the volume control to the receiver and not the default tv setting, but I get no volume adjustment. 

It appears to be only the volume I can't control. 

Thoughts?

18 of 24 (2,857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 11, 2014 9:16:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
dk74OSU - How did you get a code? If you used the search method, you may have an incomplete code. You need to go past that one & keep going to find a complete one.

If you have code numbers, try others.

What is the volume control doing? Nothing or the TV?

What did you do - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - aux -enter (bottom right).
That should make the aux always the volume control. Leave out the aux & the volume control follows the mode button.

If you cannot get vol control on the Denon you can set the STB to 15 & the TV & Denon to comfortable level & vary the STB volume.

You can get this remote or go for Logitech Harmony - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

19 of 24 (2,852 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 2:03:15 PM
(0)
Voyager

Success! You were right. I had to try a bunch of codes provided by the manual setup thru the uverse program remote screen. Finally found one that works the volume. 

Thanks for your help. 

After two years of two remotes, just using one is awesome!

20 of 24 (2,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 3:05:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
dk74OSU - Good for you for your persistence. Thanks for posting how you did it.

21 of 24 (2,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 3:22:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried all the codes for my Denon AVR 591, and all of them allow to turn the power on and off to the AVR but none of them allow my to control the volume on the AVR, it just controls the vol on the TV. WHat code did you use? Suggestions. Thanks.

22 of 24 (2,696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 3:36:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.

23 of 24 (2,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 4:20:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

aviewer wrote:
cpd5215 - It may not be the code for the Denon. There is a basic remote function to program before you can find out about the Denon code. The default is for the remote to ALWAYS control the TV. To change this -

att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

Then the volume will follow the mode button. See if it controls the Denon.
If it does not or you do not want to change modes to change volume, you can set the U-verse STB volume to 15. Then set the TV and Denon volume to comfortable levels. You can then watch U-verse TV in the att mode & vary the volume using either the TV or the Denon to provide audio.

If you ALWAYS use the Denon & you have a code that controls volume you can insert aux between 955 & enter toALWAYS control the Denon.
Thanks alot. Your suggestion "att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right)" worked perfectly!!

24 of 24 (2,681 Views)