clydesam28's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 8:36 AM

Uverse and Tivo

Have two tivos which require cable cards. Since switching last week you cant use them for tv since uverse doesnt have cable cards. Will uverse use cable card at some point or at least have use of net flix app .I can still use them for netflix and the digital local channels but it is a pain too switch the inputs and use a different remote.Is there a code for tivo premieres that I can use the att uverse remote?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

U-Verse is a different beast compared to traditional cable companies. It doesn't use the same tech and isn't compadable with cable cards. 

As for the remote, I don't see a Tivo as being supported on the manufacturers list. Consider getting a  Harmony remote to control everything. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

U-verse's IPTV works entirely differently from Cable.  A U-verse box doesn't have a tuner in the conventional sense of the word and wasn't designed to work with the CableCard technology.

Over the years, some subscribers have gotten their Tivos to work with U-verse, but you do have to have a Set Top Box for each Tivo, as well as an IR blaster for the Tivo to tell the STB to tune to the correct channel.

Most people just used the Whole Home DVR feature that comes with almost every U-verse service level.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is crap! It's a way for AT&T to force customers to use -- and lease -- AT&T DVRs. At $10 per month over several DVRs it doesn't take a rocket scientist what a highly-profitable scheme this is. Me? I prefer having a "choice" and my choice is the ability to use my TiVo DVRs. Unfortunately, the ONLY service in my area is AT&T so my hands are tied. It appears that when it comes to cable companies, there is no choice. Each has their own little are which only they control and are able to freely set their terms and prices. No competition and no choice. How do you spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y? Where is the FCC?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@ohm777 wrote:

...No competition and no choice. How do you spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y? 

Uh... DISH Network, your local cable company are all considered video competition to U-verse IPTV (and DIRECTV).  And there are also a host of streaming services you could choose from.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.