Posted Jul 1, 2014
1:36:45 AM
View profile
Uverse and Tivo

Have two tivos which require cable cards. Since switching last week you cant use them for tv since uverse doesnt have cable cards. Will uverse use cable card at some point or at least have use of net flix app .I can still use them for netflix and the digital local channels but it is a pain too switch the inputs and use a different remote.Is there a code for tivo premieres that I can use the att uverse remote?

Have two tivos which require cable cards. Since switching last week you cant use them for tv since uverse doesnt have cable cards. Will uverse use cable card at some point or at least have use of net flix app .I can still use them for netflix and the digital local channels but it is a pain too switch the inputs and use a different remote.Is there a code for tivo premieres that I can use the att uverse remote?

Uverse and Tivo

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 5:43:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

U-Verse is a different beast compared to traditional cable companies. It doesn't use the same tech and isn't compadable with cable cards. 

As for the remote, I don't see a Tivo as being supported on the manufacturers list. Consider getting a  Harmony remote to control everything. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

U-Verse is a different beast compared to traditional cable companies. It doesn't use the same tech and isn't compadable with cable cards. 

As for the remote, I don't see a Tivo as being supported on the manufacturers list. Consider getting a  Harmony remote to control everything. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse and Tivo

2 of 3 (2,971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2014 5:47:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Jul 1, 2014 at 5:48:11 AM

U-verse's IPTV works entirely differently from Cable.  A U-verse box doesn't have a tuner in the conventional sense of the word and wasn't designed to work with the CableCard technology.

Over the years, some subscribers have gotten their Tivos to work with U-verse, but you do have to have a Set Top Box for each Tivo, as well as an IR blaster for the Tivo to tell the STB to tune to the correct channel.

Most people just used the Whole Home DVR feature that comes with almost every U-verse service level.

U-verse's IPTV works entirely differently from Cable.  A U-verse box doesn't have a tuner in the conventional sense of the word and wasn't designed to work with the CableCard technology.

Over the years, some subscribers have gotten their Tivos to work with U-verse, but you do have to have a Set Top Box for each Tivo, as well as an IR blaster for the Tivo to tell the STB to tune to the correct channel.

Most people just used the Whole Home DVR feature that comes with almost every U-verse service level.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse and Tivo

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (2,970 Views)