fdimino's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 15th, 2007 11:07 PM

Unable to program remote for my TV

Has anyone sucessfuly programed a remote to control a Emerson 20" LCD TV Model LC200EM8G

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

The ATT Uverse silver remote doesn't work well with Emerson TVs.

Most will turn off with the correct code but NOT ON.

Find the code that will turn OFF the Emerson TV.(volume should work too)

When you want to want to turn ON your Emerson TV Try This (Believe it or not)

Wave ATT Remote slowly and press ON in mid wave.

The ATT remote on frequency must be slightly off.

This works every time for me now that I know the solution.

Remember your High School Physics lesson on the Doppler Effect

Hope this helps someone else.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for posting.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

My origional Posting is the solution too.Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

It's like waving a magic wand.

Pass it around. 

I hate it when my remote doesn't work right.

I hope this post helps others solve this problem.

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Programming a remote to control an Emerson LCD TV, such as the LC200EM8G model, can be done by following a few steps. Here's a general guide to programming a remote for your TV:

1. Check the Remote: Ensure that you have a universal remote that is capable of programming and controlling different devices, including TVs.

2. Find the Remote Codes: Look for the remote codes specific to Emerson TVs. These codes are usually available in the instruction manual of the universal remote or on the manufacturer's website. You can also search online for Emerson TV remote codes.

3. Turn on the TV: Power on your Emerson LCD TV manually using its power button or the original TV remote.

4. Enter Programming Mode: Press and hold the "Setup" or "Program" button on your universal remote. The button name may vary depending on the remote brand. Hold it until the indicator light on the remote turns on or starts blinking.

5. Enter the Code: Enter the appropriate Emerson TV remote code using the number buttons on your universal remote. The indicator light should blink or turn off after you enter the code.

6. Test the Remote: Point the universal remote towards your Emerson TV and press the "Power" button or other relevant buttons, such as volume or channel controls. Check if the TV responds to the commands from the remote. If it does, the programming was successful.

If the first code you tried doesn't work, repeat the steps above with other Emerson TV remote codes until you find the correct one. It's worth noting that not all universal remotes are compatible with every TV model, so it's possible that your specific remote may not have a compatible code for your Emerson TV. also visit aesthetic

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.