Posted Sep 22, 2013
Remote Control Down Volume

I have 3 remote controls, all with this same problem.  I am able to turn down the volume on two of them,  sometimes, when pressing extremely hard.  Others in my family don't have the strength to do this.  It's extremely anoying.  They are all the basic model.  Why buy another remote since it will probably do the same thing?  I have never had this kind of problem with other systems.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Remote Control Down Volume

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2013
(0)
I suspect you have older silver remotes, not the newer black models.
This would indicate have had servixefor a few years, the remotes are classified as consumer equipment.
You may order new remotes at $20 each, shipping i believe us free.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessories/tv-remotes.jsp?source=ICEQEQ51600UVR02

In addition you may purchase harmony logitech remote
http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/U-verse-Remote-vs-Logitech-Harmony/m-p/3052971/highlight/tr...
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Remote Control Down Volume

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
Do not buy another. Contact ATT and tell them you want replacements. My volume would go up but not down. Then, the up volume quit. This happened on all 3 remotes. Now, the mute button does not work on one and the power on/off does not work on another. This is for the silver remotes.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2013
(0)
I got 3 replacements for free from ATT.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 19, 2013
(0)

I got 2 free black remotes last month. I had my old silver ones since 2007... Just call ATT 800-288-2020 that's what i did

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]