BRD65's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 6:33 PM

Closed

New User Needs Remote Code for Sylvania TV

I know there are a lot of threads out there seeking remote codes for Sylvania/Funai TVs.  Here is another one.  My TV was manufactured in 2008 or 2009 -- a 22 inch model called the LC225SL9.  Just got U-Verse last weekend.  Newest version of standard remote control.  I have tried all of the codes in the list for Sylvania and Funai -- no luck.  Also saw a thread saying to try 1464 and 1141.  No luck.  Ideas?  Do any universal remotes work with the U-V STB?  This is frustrating.  Thanks for any help for this new user. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

After 4 years of using 2 remotes I finally became obsessed to get my Cable remote to control my Slyvania LCD TV. Yes it is true Slyvania will not release their codes to the Cable companies. Anyway, here is the answer to yuor problem:

ing

1) Using the "Auto Search" function on your Cable Remote, prepare the remote to "accept" codes (i.e. select the OK and TV button simultaneously)

2) The instructions will tell you to keep depressing the CH button up or down and the Cable remote will send out a code each time you depress the CH button. When the correct code is sent by the Cable remote, the TV will turn off.

3) The problem lies with this process. The Slyvania code for the Cable remote is so far embedded in the Cable remote codes you'll never get it to take.

4) This is were my persistence paid off.

I FINALLY GOT THE REMOTE TO ACCEPT THE SLYVANIA TV BY DEPRESSING AND HOLDING THE CH BUTTON DOWN FOR OVER 2 MINUTES AND 45 SECONDS. YOU MUST CONTINUALLY HOLD THE CH BUTTON DOWN AND HOLD IT DOWN FOR OVER 2:45 AND THE TV WILL FINALLY TURN OFF. 

5) I had to get a stopwatch to figure out how long because the remote kept sending additional codes when I let go of the CH button once the TV turned off. So what I did (my remote took exactly 2 minutes and 52 seconds to turn off the TV) is I continually held down the CH button for 2 minutes and 45 seconds and then I released it and depressed the CH button individually (rather than keep holding it down). Shortly thereafter the TV turned off, I pushed the Power button and the Cable Remote was in control. So in short

Hold down the CH button continually in the Auto Search mode for approx 2 minutes 45 seconds

then begin to depress the CH one at a time and the TV will turn off

then push the power button to turn the TV back on

Good Luck

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

BRD65 - If you tried the codes listed, that would be all there is. You could try the search process or check help on the TV.

The Logitech Harmony line supports U-verse & your TV. Here is why it is good -
http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/U-verse-Remote-vs-Logitech-Harmony/m-p/3052971

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

BRD65 - I should have mentioned in my first post. If you only need two (stb,TV) or three(stb,tv,dvd) devices yo can get the Logitech Harmony model 200 for only $20 at Radio Shack.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

So the 200 will work with any of the U-Verse boxes?  I have the newest DVR with one other standard box (not the new wireless one).  If the 200 will work with all of the U-Verse boxes without much loss of function, I will probably buy at least one (and maybe two) of them.  If I buy only one, it will be to control the Sylvania TV, a Panasonic smart Blu-Ray player, and the non-DVR U-Verse box.  I believe the other U-Verse remote can control all of the components in the living room (a Vizio TV, a Sony smart Blu-Ray, and the DVR).

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

searched the threads for my Sony BRP (BDP-S580) and discovered that the U-Verse remote also does not support it either. So maybe I will end up getting two Harmony 200s...

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

Didn't see this thread before I tried to get one of these TVs to work with a Comcast Silver remote ... and failed.

If your TV (Sylvania, Symphonic, Funai, etc.) remote looks like this:

sylvania remote.jpg

... it won't work with any of the Uverse or cable remotes (Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Bright House, Cablevision...). Funai has proprietary coding used with those TVs.

But ... file this away for future use ... you CAN get a replacement for about $12-13 on Amazon. Or, *hint hint* get one now just in case, before they end up being a relic. Unless one of those Harmony models can do everything the OEM one can, and you've got one of those.

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that is exactly the same unit.  Believe it or not, I checked the database of supported remotes at Logitech's Harmony website, and the Harmony remotes supposedly will work all functions of that remote, and my Blu-ray player's remote, and the U-verse box remote too.  Also operates the TV and Blu-ray in my living room and my U-Verse DVR.  So I ordered two of them on Amazon last night.  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

DTSaville - Thanks for posting what you figured out in order to help others.

I was always leery of the search method because of the "unknown" aspect. Although, I admit I had to resort to it a couple of times & was successful using it.

Your experience leads me to a suggestion for att - att publishes code numbers by manufacturer - look up the maker and find the code. att should publish the equivalent for the search method - Where the manufacturer is on the timeline - If that was available, it would have been spelled out for you how long you have to wait to get to the last possible code.

• 

4.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.