Posted May 21, 2013
6:09:48 PM
View profile
Does receiver need direct cable line when using RF point anywhere remote?

If you have a rf point anywhere remote and you put the receiver in a room separate from the tv - does the receiver need a direct cable line?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 21, 2013 6:21:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The U-verse receiver always needs to be connected to the TV  by an HDMI cable, component cables, composite cables or a coaxial cable in order for a signal to be received on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Does receiver need direct cable line when using RF point anywhere remote?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 21, 2013 6:21:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The U-verse receiver always needs to be connected to the TV  by an HDMI cable, component cables, composite cables or a coaxial cable in order for a signal to be received on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does receiver need direct cable line when using RF point anywhere remote?

2 of 3 (1,261 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2013 7:40:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Jbmcgill - Your question is a little garbled. It would be more meaningful if you were asking does the point anywhere remote require a direct line of sight to the STB.

The answer to that question is no. The RF point anywhere remote and associated dongle is designed to work when there is not a direct view from remote to STB.

That does not mean that the RF cannot have problems. The radio waves may be blocked by walls. The distance between the remote and the STB may be too great. If the STB is not hidden it can still see IR from other remotes or be subject to IR corruption from ambient light. The dongle can send IR to other STBs.

The IR signal of the standard remote does require line of sight.

Re: Does receiver need direct cable line when using RF point anywhere remote?

3 of 3 (1,236 Views)