For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ccubsnumberone's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Friday, December 16th, 2011 3:11 PM

Code needed for a Sony HTIB Model # HTSS370

Does anyone know of a u-verse remote code for  the HTIB Sony HTSS370.  I have the black standard Uverse remote.

I was able to get the remote to successfully Power the receiver On and Off. But am not able to get the Volume control to work.

thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

ccubsnumberone - Probably the best place for codes for the black remote is on the TV. But, your problem may not be the H1TB code. It is the primitive nature of the U-verse remote.

If you have a code that turns your HT on/off it is probably good. The problem is, if you have programmed your TV, the default is that the TV ALWAYS controls the volume. So, you need to change that.

You have to decide do you want the HT to always control the volume or do you want flexibility (HT or TV)

For always - simultaneous press att/ok then 955 then aux then enter (lower right).
For flexibility - same without pressing aux.

If you do not get volume control of the HT, then the code is inadequate. A work around is to have the STB control the volume & leave the HT at a fixed setting. Or, run the sound through the TV ( good if you use other devices such as DVD) & vary the TV.

Enough options? One more - get a Logitech Harmony remote. Forget about codes and enjoy total control.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

thank you for the advice.

I will try your steps when I get home this afternoon.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Hope it works out for you - HT adds a whole new layer of complication & flexibility.

Under more flexibility I meant to say the volume follows whichever mode is pressed.

I looked up your HT. Such an impressive device deserves a Logitech Harmony 600 or better - look for deals.

The u-verse remote has one activity - Watch TV & provides minimal support for TVs & provides even less for other devices.

Logitech Harmony (higher than 200/300) provides multiple activities, such as Watch DVD separate from watch TV.

So, if you press Watch TV it turns on devices you have selected, sets appropriate inputs & each button does what you want for watching TV. Power down turns them off.

Pressing watch DVD turns on the devices you selected sets appropriate inputs & has a completely different or similar button map as you have set.

You can even have an activity - watch TV with TV sound and a different one with watch TV with HT sound - if that appeals to you.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

aviewer is spot on.  I have the same HT and set up the remote code via the help on the TV.  It responded identical to what you are describing and I still have it that way today.  I did try the option aviewer gave you which allows the volume buttons to control which ever device you have the button pushed for, but it proved to be more difficult for the other users in our house to master or I guess get used to would be a better word.  I just put it back so it always controls the TV volume and leave the HT volume set the same.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you the instruction work my HT volume control is working. Now how do I get them to turn everything off when I hit the power button. Now I have to do TV and Aux separately. Thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you the instruction work my HT volume control is working. Now how do I get them to turn everything off when I hit the power button. Now I have to do TV and Aux separately. Thank you

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Program - att/ok - 977 - att - TV - aux - enter

This programs the power button to tooggle power in each device listed in the order listed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.