Posted Oct 30, 2013
2:24:08 PM
View profile
wireless TV and range extender

I had a fourth TV hooked up to uverse. I have had TV, internet and telephone for six months. The agent opted for a wireless receiver on the newly connected TV although there was no wireless signal in that part of the house (also part of the service call). Agent moved router and WAP upstairs. Agent had newly connected TV working when he left but now the error message is that I've lost the signal. I was already unhappy with wireless signal in the back part of the house - I had none. Bought a Netgear plug-in extender today and now happy with the wifi signal in the back of the house. My iMachines all have four bars and I have internet access with the extender where I had no signal in these areas before. The TV, however, still does not work. When I try to pair with the extender, it claims it can't find it. I paired again with the original WAP and it connects but then the signal disappears. Is there a trick to using the extender with the TV receiver when it works with all my other gear? Or should I have them hardwire the TV?

I had a fourth TV hooked up to uverse. I have had TV, internet and telephone for six months. The agent opted for a wireless receiver on the newly connected TV although there was no wireless signal in that part of the house (also part of the service call). Agent moved router and WAP upstairs. Agent had newly connected TV working when he left but now the error message is that I've lost the signal. I was already unhappy with wireless signal in the back part of the house - I had none. Bought a Netgear plug-in extender today and now happy with the wifi signal in the back of the house. My iMachines all have four bars and I have internet access with the extender where I had no signal in these areas before. The TV, however, still does not work. When I try to pair with the extender, it claims it can't find it. I paired again with the original WAP and it connects but then the signal disappears. Is there a trick to using the extender with the TV receiver when it works with all my other gear? Or should I have them hardwire the TV?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 30, 2013 3:59:38 PM
(0)
Employee
Wifi receiver only connects to WAP, either need WAP relocated or hardwire receiver. Reason I expect for choice to install wireless was save time (tech), money (yours). A new addition or relocation of an existing box normally is a $99 service call plus $55 for wiring...total $154 versus the $49 for a wireless access point and receiver.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

wireless TV and range extender

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 30, 2013 3:59:38 PM
(0)
Employee
Wifi receiver only connects to WAP, either need WAP relocated or hardwire receiver. Reason I expect for choice to install wireless was save time (tech), money (yours). A new addition or relocation of an existing box normally is a $99 service call plus $55 for wiring...total $154 versus the $49 for a wireless access point and receiver.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: wireless TV and range extender

2 of 3 (1,793 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 4:55:06 PM
(0)
Contributor
Many thanks. I still like the extender to get a signal all over the house for iThis and iThat. I'll see what I can work out with ATT customer service. Thanks.
Many thanks. I still like the extender to get a signal all over the house for iThis and iThat. I'll see what I can work out with ATT customer service. Thanks.

Re: wireless TV and range extender

3 of 3 (1,787 Views)