lambertkrista's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 14th, 2013 8:14 PM

receiver does not play back recordings correctly

I have a gateway (2wire 3800HV8) connected to our main TV and another receiver connected to a second (Motorola VIP1200).  Recently it has been unable to replay recordings - it plays a couple seconds, stops, starts and repeats this pattern.

I have restarted the receiver and the gateway.  

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

644 Messages

11 years ago

Try holding down the down arrow and OK button at the sametime on DVR.  While holding down unplug the unit with other hand. Wait 15 seconds now replug it back in. Once the power is back on release the buttons. You will go through a Hard Reboot. This is different from the reboot listed above.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

lambertkrista - Could be any of that equipment or wiring.

The main one near the 3800 is the DVR & connected cat5. Is the other COAX? Is the feed to the 3800 coax?

Check for good connections.

Do a whole house reboot - pull power on 3800, DVR, STB
Restore power to 3800, wait for all green.
Restore DVR wait for seeing programming.
Restore STB.
If other STB is coax, can you try a cat5, just as a test?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi lambertkrista,

I apologize about the issues you are having watching your recorded content. Hopefully, the information that aviewer provided got everything up and running the way it is suppose to be, but if you are still experiencing this issue, we would be glad to take it to the next step and get this issue escalated to get it resolved. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

-David T

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

This hard resets and erases all your recordings

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When I have recorded a  program and then try to play it back the show has breaks, pauses, stops or what ever you want to call it.  The program just does not play back smoothly!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.