southern planter's profile

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 3:29 PM

Wireless Receiver

How much is the new u-verse wireless receiver and does it really work well?  Thanks

Guru

• 

692 Messages

12 years ago

@Whitehaven wrote:

Sorry to pepper you with so many questions.  One last one.....

Would you expect that we will be able to retain the Gateway in our office?

You can see if they can do cat5. Thats what the did to me. They found out where the sginal was then ran the cat 5 cord underneath my carpet, to where I want to the gateway. I also think it depends if you have carpet, hard floors, etc.. as well.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Had the AT&T tech here today and he tried your suggestion and went to a component cable - No help at all - still doing all the same things - No One seems to have any idea how to resolve this - He wants to switch out the DVR unit ?? If it were the problem wouldn't the wired boxes also have issues??? I just hate to have re-program into the new one all the series I already have saved if it won't solve the problem.

HELP! 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Felecian - You will loose the recordings but not the settings. All your series requests will come up on the new DVR.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for that info - may be worth a tr then - I feel like I am beta-testing this for AT&T -Everyone know what the issues are, but no one knows the answers yet

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Felecian - You know that when something/anything does not work at all it is usually easy to locate the blockage. But, when it acts up intermittently, it can be a bear to track down the fault.

I know it is frustrating but, it can be made to work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having issues with two wireless receivers freezing.  One hooked up to a Mitshubishi, one hooked up to a Vizio, both HDMI.  We have to unplug the receivers at least 3 times a day, and we really only watch TV in the evening, so it's about once every 90 mins or so.  Will downloaded the tool referenced in previous posts help me troubleshoot what is causing the issue?  Any other suggestions?  The two wired receivers are fine.  The internet is fine.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I wish I could have my direct TV back, unfortunately HOA restrictions do not allow me to install a dish anymore.  The Uverse system has been a total disappointment.  I never thought my TV's would crash like an old DOS computer.  3 times last night.  Anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes.  The wireless receiver shows complete signal strength, Green light and Blue HD light on and the TV just goes blank.  This isn't isolated, I have two wireless receivers and the same happens on either one. ATT support, although very nice, and they seem concerned but the job doesn't get done.  The Techs don't know the technology.  I've had at least 8 visits and they replace the modem, a wireless box or something but as soon as they leave, back to square one.  I'm pretty sure the problem is outside but try to get ATT to look at that, no way, must cost them more money.  I told one guy in my office and he heard me on the phone with ATT support about my problems and he cancelled his Uverse installation.  Said he's better off with Cox.  He may be right.  As much as I hate Cox and Cox service it may be the best way to go for TV, Internet and Phone.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

@edbest3110 wrote:

I wish I could have my direct TV back, unfortunately HOA restrictions do not allow me to install a dish anymore.

Your HOA does not have the authority to completely prevent installing a satellite dish.  They can restrict it's size (no larger than 1 meter in diameter), they can say it has to be non-visible from the front of the home, they can put limits on the height of any antenna mast, etc.  But they cannot prevent you from installing one if you can receive the signal on your property.  That is federal law.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@edbest3110 wrote:

I wish I could have my direct TV back, unfortunately HOA restrictions do not allow me to install a dish anymore.  The Uverse system has been a total disappointment.  I never thought my TV's would crash like an old DOS computer.  3 times last night.  Anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes.  The wireless receiver shows complete signal strength, Green light and Blue HD light on and the TV just goes blank.  This isn't isolated, I have two wireless receivers and the same happens on either one. ATT support, although very nice, and they seem concerned but the job doesn't get done.  The Techs don't know the technology.  I've had at least 8 visits and they replace the modem, a wireless box or something but as soon as they leave, back to square one.  I'm pretty sure the problem is outside but try to get ATT to look at that, no way, must cost them more money.  I told one guy in my office and he heard me on the phone with ATT support about my problems and he cancelled his Uverse installation.  Said he's better off with Cox.  He may be right.  As much as I hate Cox and Cox service it may be the best way to go for TV, Internet and Phone.

How are your wireless receivers connected to your TV?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

To Texas Guy

You recommended switching fromHDMI to standard cables- did that and it made absolutely no difference.

I am with everyone else here - have had multiple service calls, changed every box there is - NOTHING has helped.

And Worst of all in my  book - AT&T still denies there are many issues.  Call Tech support and they claim there are no problems. They don't even read there own websites- LIKE THIS ONE!!!

I am switching back to cable - not a big fan of them either but their customer service is much nicer. And I won't have to plug and unplug the $#@&% receiver all the time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.