JRSHARP21's profile

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Friday, September 12th, 2014 2:31 PM

Uverse console keeps blinking, three dots on tv screen (gray/white) and spinning wheel in corner

Came home yesterday from work to my Uverse TV/DVR console's power light blinking in two of our rooms. When turning on the t.v., the screen first shows three dots on the screen (a gray one on the left, a lighter gray in the middle and white on the right). Then the screen moves to a blue AT&T Uverse screen with the spinning wheel in the bottom right hand corner. Then the screen will go black and the console's power button will back again and then the three dots appear again. This sequence just repeats itself. 

I tried unplugging the console several times for different time periods. I tried switching out the consoles with an extra one I have. Still the same thing. I thought the system might be updating itself so I let it go overnight. Woke up this morning to the same thing. I am lost at this point. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on and how to resolve it?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@JRSHARP21 If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, take a long time, can be upto 20-30 mins or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Did you try what was suggested about the non destructive recovery? Did it work? I am having similar problem and trying to fix

@JRSHARP21 wrote:

Came home yesterday from work to my Uverse TV/DVR console's power light blinking in two of our rooms. When turning on the t.v., the screen first shows three dots on the screen (a gray one on the left, a lighter gray in the middle and white on the right). Then the screen moves to a blue AT&T Uverse screen with the spinning wheel in the bottom right hand corner. Then the screen will go black and the console's power button will back again and then the three dots appear again. This sequence just repeats itself. 

I tried unplugging the console several times for different time periods. I tried switching out the consoles with an extra one I have. Still the same thing. I thought the system might be updating itself so I let it go overnight. Woke up this morning to the same thing. I am lost at this point. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on and how to resolve it?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

This worked beautifully! Thanks!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

After spending over an hour on the phone with tech support I got absolutely nowhere.  I am so thankful I went to this forum and it worked beautifully!!!!  Thank you!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a red x followed by the number 8. I have unplugged evrhthing from the wall. Tried it again and am still getting the same signal. John

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This 3x pulling the power plug worked for me today too.  Total time to fix about :15-:20 minutes. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Anyone still having this issue? The pull the cord three times approach brought me to the progress bar on the bottom of the screen with the gear above and hen afterward the 3 dot screen but then the device went right back into the constant restart cycle with the yellow power button blinking the entire time!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

If the box still does not function after a Non Destructive Disaster Recovery, then your next option is a Full Disaster Recovery (which will erase any and all recordings still on the DVR):

• Unplug the DVR
  • hold the OK and down-arrow on the front of the DVR and plug it back in
  • continue to hold down the buttons until the three lights on the control panel (Link, HD, Record) flash
  • Wait while it goes through this gear/progress bar sequence (you can let go of the buttons)

If that doesn't fix it, then its new DVR time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Count ten seconds each time before plugging it back in is what tech support
told me. But because it kept coming back later, they sent someone to my
house and he said I had the wrong kind of set top box and replaced it with
a different one. Now, I have not had the problem recur.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.