Posted Oct 7, 2011
11:53:06 PM
View profile
Percent of disk space remaining no longer displayed

I just discovered something interesting this evening.  Our 1225 DVR no longer displays the percent of space left on the disk.  The System Resources now display only "Disk status: Present".  That is the only reference to the disk.  I rebooted the DVR to see if that would restore the space-remaining statement.  But no luck.  So now I guess we are just going to be in the dark about how much room is left.  I wonder why.

I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. .......Stephen Hawking
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2011 5:52:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Push Recorded TV >> Recording space - check it out
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Percent of disk space remaining no longer displayed

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2011 5:52:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Re: Percent of disk space remaining no longer displayed

2 of 11 (359 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 7:45:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

hpmsrm wrote:

I just discovered something interesting this evening.  Our 1225 DVR no longer displays the percent of space left on the disk.  The System Resources now display only "Disk status: Present".  That is the only reference to the disk.  I rebooted the DVR to see if that would restore the space-remaining statement.  But no luck.  So now I guess we are just going to be in the dark about how much room is left.  I wonder why.

I still see it there with TV2 client version 2.0.26496.12.  What is your TV2 client version?

3 of 11 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:07:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What TG says.

4 of 11 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:32:58 AM
(0)
Professor
I had that with my cisco dvr the other day, and no matter what we did with disaster recovery or even when the tech sent a hit to the box, it would not show space or recordings. Got the new cisco 7500 in place, and took the tech to still do a hit to fix that one, even after I went through the disaster recovery, etc. on my end.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

5 of 11 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 9:55:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

BINGO!  Aviewer wins.  My TV2 client version is 2.0.26496.15

An update must have moved this info.  Because, as aviewer indicated......pushing the "Recorded TV" button and then shifting over to "Recording Space"....takes me to the screen with the graphical representation and the percentage of space remaining on the disk.  Very good.  Thank you all for your answers.

It seems like we all need to occasionally do a complete search of all the functions to find out what has been changed by AT&T.  Because, don't know about the rest of you, but I've never received any communication from the company giving me a heads-up on changes like this.

I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. .......Stephen Hawking

6 of 11 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 10:06:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

hpmsrm wrote:

BINGO!  Aviewer wins.  My TV2 client version is 2.0.26496.15

An update must have moved this info.  Because, as aviewer indicated......pushing the "Recorded TV" button and then shifting over to "Recording Space"....takes me to the screen with the graphical representation and the percentage of space remaining on the disk.  Very good.  Thank you all for your answers.

It seems like we all need to occasionally do a complete search of all the functions to find out what has been changed by AT&T.  Because, don't know about the rest of you, but I've never received any communication from the company giving me a heads-up on changes like this.

Actually, the Recording space menu feature was there prior to the 2.0.26496.15 update.  It was added with the THDVR Phase 3 Update that was pushed out in June/July.  

It appears that "Disk usage" percentage is being removed in the latest update because the information is now duplicated elsewhere.  I still have that information under System resources because I am still on 2.0.264963.12, but I have had the Recording space option since the Phase 3 update.

7 of 11 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:47:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Trying to find the CID call log is even more of an Easter Egg hunt.  :smileymad:

8 of 11 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:42:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

skeeterintexas wrote:

Trying to find the CID call log is even more of an Easter Egg hunt.  :smileymad:

GO INTERACTIVE --> My Services

Use right and left arrows buttons to move between TV Account Manager, Call Log & Click to Call, and Caller ID for TV

9 of 11 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:54:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

GO INTERACTIVE --> My Services

Use right and left arrows buttons to move between TV Account Manager, Call Log & Click to Call, and Caller ID for TV

Oh, I found it (finally).  It's just more of a pain that it used to be.

10 of 11 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:58:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Heck T.G......until today I wasn't even aware that the "Recording Space" menu feature had been added.  I had always relied on the "Disk Usage" resource.  Oh well....all's well that ends well.  What next?

11 of 11 (218 Views)